Cleaning Day, Rude not to

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Well everyone seems to have an 'arty' pic of their car so thought i would make the effort starting with a damn good clean (outside only)

-Very cherry wheel cleaner, applied and pressured washered off
-follow up clean with brushes incase i missed any bits of brake dust
-foamed entire car, used detailing brushes to get to the creases/curves
-washed car with megs mitt
-rinsed and dried using Der wunder towel (and megs quick detailer)
-One coat of Werkstat to the body
-Windows inside and out with auto glym window cleaner
-black trim covered with poorboys trim brightener
-Megs wheel gel
-exhaust trim cleaned with wire wool and autosol

I was on my way to dog training and found a nice spot next to one of the lakes to take a few pics, as you can see the misus is very photogenic :photo:

P1000650.jpg

P1000649.jpg

P1000643.jpg

P1000634-1.jpg

P1000635-1.jpg

P1000636-1-1.jpg

P1000637-1.jpg

P1000638.jpg

Nice pics dude, looks like you pulled out all the stops today :)

Well done...nice dogs by the way ;)

Very nice, loving the dogs too!.

Those odd tyres on the back would drive me up the wall though!!

car looks good But I'm horrified....I struggle when my kids go in my car:notme:

Car looks sweet, I have to agree though, as much as they look like lovely dogs particuarly the Pyrenean I couldn't let them roam around the back of my car...no way. Lol

Tim! Cream leather! Are you bonkkers man!? lol

Car looks mint though. Nice work.

cheers for the comments chaps..... yup tis Rother Valley, good spot!! :arco:...be a good place for a meet, plenty of space to get a good few vehicles, central and near the M1...bring the kids!!.... we do agility and obediance training there on a sunday morning - trying to get the pup obeying before she gets any bigger:laugh:

knew someone would pick up on the rear tyres:laugh:, my mate put em on wrong way around, i wanted the two slightly scuffed wheels on the front but they ended up on the back!! need to change em when i get enough time....

as for roaming around the back they hardly make any mess at all, bit of hair, the odd bit of muck when they've been for a swim, thats it really.... main bit is the rear bumper getting scratched, once ive had it repaired and resprayed im going to get some of that protective stuff on there....

Nice dags, not sure about the car though :jester:

Nothing beats a well kept grey one looking all shiny and new ;).

Looks good, I dont like other people in the back of my car yet alone 2 big dog's! lol. Good job.

oh yeh,
really nice job mate, looks lovely.how long did you spend doing that?
not seen one thay colour before, its nice. i like my black paint but it is hard to look after. the wheels are great tim, just waiting untill i need fresh rubber and they are going on, cul8r

cheers fella..... wasn't too long actually but then i have a chip away at different bits every week, full clay and seal job will prob take the best part of a day i would guess - your best bet is having a look at the detailing forum on here and on detailingworld.co.uk.... some really good tips and will save you buying the crap stuff only to have to replace it all once you've learnt the hard way....

you'll have to wack some pics up asap mate.....loads of info on here of subtle mods for this car (chaps this is the fella that bought my Avus)

Tim

What sort of durability are you getting from the Werkstat Trigger, Tim?! Do you layer it?

My cars screaming for a wash! :(

Jim my neighbour is using the poorboys i think? the firm that make the Lime prime? (cant remember) but his seems to be nicer to clean than mine IF i havent put a coat on the week before..... put it this way im thinking of moving to another brand just to see (maybe werkstat wax instead of sealant)....the werkstat is brilliant, it just doesnt seem to last a huge amount of time yet gives really good flaking qualtiies for the time i do use it.....what are you finding? IIRC you've used both acrylic and wax werstat havent ya?

Thanks Tim. Interesting to hear that actually..

I've used Trigger a few times, but, I too, haven't had the best durability out of it. A Merc C220 CDi I worked on at the beginning of the year, showed little sign of protection just two month later when I revisited. Two layers of Trigger, too. Only used the acrylic sealant. - didn't know they did a wax!?

Limeprime is Dodo Juice. Top stuff IMO. I begin to favour using a wax rather than sealants.. really going on what you said RE the ease of cleaning etc.

See if you can nick some of your neighbours Limeprime, cleanse the car and then follow it with a carnauba wax. I think Supernatural would like quite nice on the Dolphin Grey - only trouble is, it's pretty expensive! Two layers on mine at the minute and it's very 'sharp' :)

cheers for that matey, glad its not only me thinking that.....logically i canty see how sealant can be as durable.... neighbours using dodo lime prime and the banana and orange is it? so will steel some of that first.....yeah werkstat do the exact same kit but with carnauba - available from PB at same price, id want to know how good that is though before i shelled £50 on it..... incidently, did you use the werksat prime prior to the trigger? that makes a difference, ive not used my gloss at all since purchase - just sat there gathering dust.

Tim what detailing cloths/towels did you use if any?
Im claying my car at the weekend but ive never clayed before so any tips?
Thanks.

cheers for that matey, glad its not only me thinking that.....logically i canty see how sealant can be as durable.... neighbours using dodo lime prime and the banana and orange is it? so will steel some of that first.....yeah werkstat do the exact same kit but with carnauba - available from PB at same price, id want to know how good that is though before i shelled £50 on it..... incidently, did you use the werksat prime prior to the trigger? that makes a difference, ive not used my gloss at all since purchase - just sat there gathering dust.

Banana Armour? I have Purple Haze and Supernatural. Much of a muchness with the line of wax DoDo produce.. each aimed at a different shade/tone etc but, tbh, I don't like to use anything less than SN - Collinite comes in as it offers better durability.

RE WJT.. I've Prime'd in the past, yes. Nice to form 'the base' for the Trigger to sit on. Wouldn't need doing everytime though, obviously. I still like to use this system on lighter colourd cars, but, unfortunately I can't get my head around the durability. (..tempted to strip my car back and Prime/3x Trigger - see how it lasts)

Sorry, I'm with you. The Acrly. and the carnauba - got you. I thought you meant a proper wax wax, as in, paste/hard wax from a tin. This stuff is in a spray bottle still, right? Never used it.

Im claying my car at the weekend but ive never clayed before so any tips?
Thanks.

What clay are you going for chap? (thanks for the XBox LIVE add btw :) )

The key with claying is:
- knead the claybar well before use. I tend to leave in a jug of hot water 5 minutes prior to use to moisten it a bit
- keep area well lubed with a QD
- turn the claybar often as it lifts the dirt; always use a clean side
- do not apply pressure. Merely grasp the bar with your fingertips - its very easy to marr the paint, even with the use of a lube (although if you're polishing afterwards this isn't too important)
- rinse panel after it's clayed - washes away all residues - don't want that streaky on your pant do we :)
- not an necessity, but, I like to re-wash after claying to ensure all product/streaks are gone.

HTH

cheers jim, i think you answered the question straight away about the carnauba werkstat, after all, its spray on......

will give the dodo a try and see what i think, maybe half bonnet with doddo and half werkstat with 3 coats as you say.....good weekend task i think....

Adam, as Jim said mate

Car looks great tim, nice daags..

Jimmeh are you entering the show n shine at GTI inters this year?

Hi Shy,

erm, I hope to at the Audi's In the Park meet that's August time IIRC.

Don't think I'll make it to GTi Inters

Looking spot on mate, looks like youve put some time into it. Although running different types of tyre on an axle is a bit iffy. I'd defo get a matched pair on each axle atleast if not all four the same.

Hi Shy,

erm, I hope to at the Audi's In the Park meet that's August time IIRC.

Don't think I'll make it to GTi Inters

Look forward to seeing your work up front!