Two problems with drivers seat [S3 8L]

WildBruce

Third Gear
Reaction score
I have been meaning to post for a while, cause I have two issues:

1 - The lumbar support in my seat died. I was sitting, and it felt like it was being pushed back, so I thought I would reset it, moved it all the way back, then went to try and move it back forward ...... nothing, it does not move? Anyone had this before? Any quick things to check?

2 - Sometimes the seat rolls forward? WTF? Yup, just randomly rolls forward, as if it does not lock properly, although the seat is secure. Seems to be worse [although not 1005 sure] when I move the seat forward to let some one in the back, so I guess something is not locking correctly? Any idea where to look? Hoping something easy as I dont want to get the whole thing out, but I fear I may have to. seesm to be on the left hadn side of teh seat only, if that makes any difference.

Anyway, as always any hints, or information woudl be grately appreciated.

I have had similar issues to prob (2), I only let people in the passenger side now because of it... the seat never seems to go back to its original position and occasionally will 're-seat' itself on the runners while I am driving!!!

The seat has to move forward to allow enough room for people to get in an out I guess but seems a little flawed that its a bit of a lottery to get the seat back in its original position especially for the driver....

The biggest prob I have now though is my 13yr old daughters insistance of playing with the electric adjustment and making the seat go as high as it can and bolt upright.... call me obsessive but it does my head in and I have to put the seat back so it lines up with mine LOL

<tuffty/>

call me obsessive but it does my head in and I have to put the seat back so it lines up with mine LOL

<tuffty/>

Cant beat a bit of OCD LOL

As for problem 1 in the original post i think it may have something to do with the limit switches inside the seat, IIRC you need to take off the rear of the seat to access them, cant really tell you much more but i'm sure someone will be along soon to shed more light on it for you mate.

Hi,

If I recall, there are no limit switches on the lumbar support. Can you hear the motor whirring? If not it may have jammed, and sadly the only way to repair would be to strip down the seat, which is a bit of a pig to do!!

Cheers,

No motors whirring, so I though it may be gone, but it went backwards, so I was hoping it would not be that bad.

tuffty - I have the same OCD, when ever I give this girl at work a lift, the first thing she does when she gets in is slide the seat all the way back, and it drives me nuts!!!! completely nuts for it to get to me, but it does, and as soon as she gets out, I have to reset it

:thumbsup:

I have a strange one. My drivers seat moves all the way forward when letting people in and out the back. BUT the passenger side just moves the back of the seat, then you have to manually reach down under and pull the adjuster to slide the whole seat fwd. Is this normal????

Thanks thats great, but cant find any reference of memory module or bowden cable?

Thanks thats great, but cant find any reference of memory module or bowden cable?

Err. Look in the contents at the front, on page 6. See sections 72-169 -> 174 which deal with the Recaro Easy entry stuff.

Also WildBruce's Lumbar support is dealt with in sections 72-151 -> 152

Cheers,