Another S3 member (Pics)

S3 Nattie

Quattro ist für sissies
Reaction score
Hi guys, come across this website quite a few months back now and was looking at the sticky post with all the pics. Really got me thinking I actually like these Audi's especially Nagaro blues ones. Was thinking about buying a Type R but got put off them as they are so common and bit of the wrong image now and hard to tune unless you got big pockets. ( I do think they are great cars though, not trying to start a Type R vs S3 thread AGAIN lol both great for different reasons )

The S3 as an overall package seemed to be great. Looks wicked, fairly rare ( even though there are 3 within 5 minutes of my place ), Great interior and quality, performance is alright but can be improved quite easily :) and its something different from what people my ages usually buy. Oh hope its reliable too, coming from a Fiat lol touch wood.

After some time saving finally got my S3 about a month ago. First impression I loved the look and with the Alloy mirrors it does set it off for me personally.

The perfomance was quite like how I thought would be, quick but refined so don't feel as fast as it is if you get me ( not as much pin you in the seat effect which I am after. Heard Revo remap can change this though. )

The handling is better than I thought it would be after reading post on here about members thoughts. Driving progessively its very good, easy to use all the power on most surfaces however keeping the turbo in happy mode doesnt require to much effort as the cars is quite torquey.
Handling on short twisty corners does need more concerntration. Turns in quite good and holds its line quite well and easy adjustable mid corner if need be, only understeering when you get impatient. Exiting corners it is pretty quick and hard to catch, which we all like.

People views on their cars my be completel different but thats forums for you, this is my very little experience of the car.

Since owning the car I have used this website for few little problems, website is great and on it mosts days. Deriveter valve was fluttering so changed it for standard Borsh one. Morning starts were quite spluttery and revs up and down and had a misfire and car felt sluggish so cleaned the MAF sensor with Isopropanol and cleaned the throttle body with Carb cleaner and its run perfect ever since. Installing the Audi sat nav next :)

More and more I drive it more I love it, Essay over, hope you like the pics

Nathan

4406_1168034123137_1296458384_30489717_1446569_n.jpg

4406_1168038963258_1296458384_30489732_1426553_n.jpg

n1296458384_30489736_2736293.jpg

4406_1168042003334_1296458384_30489752_4452_n.jpg

4406_1168045403419_1296458384_30489791_3976770_n.jpg

4406_1168041843330_1296458384_30489748_207964_n.jpg

n1296458384_30489822_3279944.jpg

n1296458384_30489837_7223307.jpg

Thanks S3 Rav, hope it serves me well. When I get a bit more cash try get new some alloys and tune it up a bit

Glad your enjoying S3 ownership! Are you going for the RNS-E? Ive been thinking of getting one of these over a Xcarlink MP3 player but im not sure if its worth the money or not. Anyways, back on topic - lovely car mate!

nice write up nath..... nice looking car too..... ps get the grill surround sprayed black....will look the mutts *wink*

Glad your enjoying S3 ownership! Are you going for the RNS-E? Ive been thinking of getting one of these over a Xcarlink MP3 player but im not sure if its worth the money or not. Anyways, back on topic - lovely car mate!

Thanks for the comment. I just have the RNS-D CD baseds navi at the moment, although have been thinking about getting a RNS-E. I dont have the CD for the navi so trying to find a copy or download a copy if I can fingers crossed.

Locked the Navi yesterday putting in the wrong safe code. Read up that you need the safe wire connected to reset the safe timer on the Navi to unlock it so going to give that a try.

I have been thinking about the black grill surround and maybe doing the inside surround of the headlights black, giving it a more aggressive look.

I do have quite a few little plans for it once money allows lol

Thanks Nathan

Welcome, nice standard car there just waiting to be tinkered with!!!

Nathan car looks great :) About time you posted a thread! How you finding it?
Good write up...Still not seen you but been keeping my eye out for you...I thought i saw you on the weekend but not 100% sure lol.
Any plans for the car? or keeping it standard?

Anyway should be having another meet next month or some thing. Be good if you could make it.
Drop me a text when your free

Nice one and enjoy the car

Ashley

Nattie, well done on the purchase, the car looks sweet, i like it alot!!

If I was to get another S3, it would defo have to be in that colour :)

Hi and welcome....Noggy is one of the best colours :salute:
Get the grille surrond black there are a few guides on here showing how easy it is to do. I will be doing it soon so ill get some pictures up when i do it.
Good luck with the S3.

Any plans for the car? or keeping it standard?

Anyway should be having another meet next month or some thing. Be good if you could make it.
Drop me a text when your free

Thanks Ash. Well want to get a nice set of BBS CK or some sort of BBS wheels or the porsche cups JOJO has. Get some R32 ARB, spring and dampers making it sit nice. Not feeling coilovers because I wouldnt make the most of them even though I do plan to do a few track days, and defo some better brakes.

Stage 1 Revo remap then get the goodies for a stage 2 or hybrid turbo :)

Ye il be up for any meet, good to see some nice audi's. I will PM you my number

Nathan

Nattie, well done on the purchase, the car looks sweet, i like it alot!!

If I was to get another S3, it would defo have to be in that colour :)

Thanks for the comments. I love all the colours of the S3 but I do love blue cars and its the only colour I think that you can only get in a S3 not any other A3, bit like the Orange Focus ST you can get.

car looks good always wish id have got my self a noggy now but love my imola to bits to,
as for your comments on the power and handling thats exactly what my thoughts were when i brought my s3 after owning a corsa before hand, as you get more used to the car and start pushing it more (if thats what you will do) then your find the power and handling and brakes arnt up to the job i have just done my susspension and reallylove flying through bends now makes for such a more fun car to drive

I do agree with you S3 Kev. The brakes are not the best, you never get that initial bite and grab with the brakes. I think that driving the car progressively at 70 - 80 % of the cars ability its is really good at covering ground quickly and fun :) but when you do really want to press on a bit then ye you realise that the car could do with a few upgraded parts to makes it really flying. Im more than happy how it is now though.

Buying a set of Bridgestone Potenza's next week so should be getting some more grip and maybe some more feedback.

What suspension set up did you go for S3 kev

Nathan

h+r arb's, ap coilovers, 10mm h+r spacers up front 25mm h+r spacers on the back and geometry set up

Sounds like a good set up. Fair few people on here seems to be going for Bilstein B8 dampers and H+R springs so I will prob look into that a bit more or maybe try something completely different.

Nathan

Thats ok. I was thinking of getting some BBS alloys in CK Anthracite 19" :) Just got to get some money first ha! Yeah some bbs or porsche cups will look nice on your car. Where you planning on doing a track day?

Got some good plans for the car! Looking forward to seeing the car standard and modded. Bet you cant wait till you start tuning the car.... Anyway nath enjoy the car

Drop me a PM

Ashley

Thanks Ash. Well want to get a nice set of BBS CK or some sort of BBS wheels or the porsche cups JOJO has. Get some R32 ARB, spring and dampers making it sit nice. Not feeling coilovers because I wouldnt make the most of them even though I do plan to do a few track days, and defo some better brakes.

Stage 1 Revo remap then get the goodies for a stage 2 or hybrid turbo :)

Ye il be up for any meet, good to see some nice audi's. I will PM you my number

Nathan

Thats ok. I was thinking of getting some BBS alloys in CK Anthracite 19" :) Just got to get some money first ha! Yeah some bbs or porsche cups will look nice on your car. Where you planning on doing a track day?

Got some good plans for the car! Looking forward to seeing the car standard and modded. Bet you cant wait till you start tuning the car.... Anyway nath enjoy the car

Drop me a PM

Ashley

Well was thinking about the local tracks like Pembrey, Castle combe and Llandow, see next time I take the go kart up there.

If I can get some things sorted and a spare set of tyres before Audi Driver then might do that trackday, early days...

Thing with tuning I have seen with some people, once you start you just cant stop. So going to chill for bit with the money... I think lol

Nathan