Megauirs Deep Crystal System

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Went to halfords on yesterday and bought some the megauirs 3 step deep crystal range along with halfords own microfibre applicator pads/towels (Was all on 3 for 2 so saved about £13 :).

The difference to me is amazing :drool:, id say the paint work is 40-60% better (car was covered in swirl marks and light scratchs).

Theres still some swirls on the car but they arnt that noticeable and to say what the car was like before i cant complain especaily as it was all done by hand so the level of finish isnt bad.
Unfortuantly like a tool i forgot to tak before and after pics :keule:but when it stops raining ill take pics of how its turned out.

nice, ill look forward to the pics, how much did megauirs 3 step deep crystal cost?
i was guna order some stuff this week online. i havn't thought about getting it from halfords.

Well it's £8.49 a bottle but with 3 for 2 on it cost just shy of £17.
Or and i have a black s3 so its the worst colour to maintain but the most rewarding colour :)

thanks for the info i think ill pop down to halfords and get the full range, hope my store has the deal going :)

and i feel your pain with the black, my a3 is too.

No worries, i've got to admit though i was surprised that it actualy made a difference especialy with how hard the audi paint's are meant tobe, i just expected it tobe one of them things you buy, try, bin.

Please post pics when you can. I have been trying to get swirls out by hand for ages... Would love to see this stuff in action.

All my car products are Autoglym, makes the car look minty mint and super clean and glossy but the swirls still remain under halogen parking lights and if it is really sunny. The color of my car hides them well though.

Cheers Cheers :o.k:

Dont get me wrong some are still present but its got rid of alot of them and the ones that remain dont catch your eye half as bad.

did you get the clay bar too?? your be amazed at the dirt that gets out

Was going to kev but in the end didnt, you wouldnt believe how much sh*te the first step gets out, think its paint restorer its called.
I actualy bought the stuff with the intention of it being crap, bought similar stuff in the past and never did athing.

They clay bar really will be a good help. It doesnt get rid of swirls but it gets rid of the **** that causes swirls when you polish.

The Megs 3 step stuff is good value and OK for use by hand. It doesnt offer a great level of correction but it does certainly do a decent enough job.

I'd suggest getting a decent wax though so that nice clean finish lasts a bit longer, seal in the shine!. Collinite is a great wax and ****** cheap too (plus its long lasting, REALLY long lasting). Couple of coats of that on my car really gives a nice warm shine to it. It gives a nice deep shine on black too.

T

yes if i were to do a machine polish then id definatly use clay first, but by hand maybe its not worth it.

and thanks for the info on collinite, ill be buying some of that, if halfords dont have it ill get it from polished bliss.

Bumpity bump bump!

Any pics after the Megs?

Cheers
b

tis good stuff Dani altho the clay bar followed by a decent base coat then wax or sealant will drop your jaw further mate.....use up what you have then invest in some top stuff (use detailingworld to make your selection) and i guarantee you will s**t yourself

Well yes and no, got some but the cars filthy now due to working on site :sob:.

Going to try and give it ago over at some point but got my final plumbing exam monday so bit busy lol.

the gold class is good as well but im going to try the three stage also my friend got the meguires buff so going to try that aswell will keep uses updated

I have the Gold Class but I think I am getting a better coat from Autoglm Deep Gloss.

Just want to see pics with the first stage and getting small scratches out. I tried Megs ScratchX but did not move anything and I did use the elbow grease.

Cheers

Plumbing tim.

Yeah defo going to buy some better stuff when this has ran out, was never really that bothered by the hole detailing scene but think ive got the bug now :)

Like i said guys as soon as i get chance (hopefully monday) i try and do the car and get befor and after pics up

its depends how deep the swirls are as to whether your better buying the megs DA or not, shelling out £160.... (over £200 by the time you've bought ya pads, cutting liquid etc) then you may aswell have paid a pro to do the job properly for ya, the DA apparently is really good but extremely slow when compared to a proper rotary

Also heard that this megs 3 step is 1 hell of a lot of hard work.... ive not come across any pro's using it put it that way, although have heard good things from amatuers to the detailing scene - then they see the light

Audi paint is as hard as paint comes so trying to get a decent level of correction by hand is really REALLY hard work, plus you'll never get it how you want it by hand.

Depends how far you want to go, I got a rotary to do my car and its ace but ****** worrying when you first attempt it!.

cool seems my halfords had the deal going, although only step 2 was avalible! i got step 2 and some carbola wax, along with a mit.

:D

anyone correct e if i'm wrong, but that cleaning set is full of fillers rather than an abrasive polish. So the swirls have been filled rather than polished out.

This isn't a bad thing as you don't see as many, but you have to keep doing this to keep them 'filled up'.

The onyl real way to get rid of swirls is to machine polsih

yep the kit contains fillers much like the auto glym super resin polish......

and yes you would have the megs DA for any other time, although its an expensive bit of kit to be sat in ya garage just incase.... and will still take an eternity to get any marks out because of the very reason stated above....Audi paint is extremely hard