best parts to buy for high hp engine

bansheeboyo

Reaction score
hi guys
got a spare engine in my shed and am thinking of buildin a big power motor
cams ,porting,pistons,valves,flywheel,manifold,clutch what do you guys recomend ?????
i was smoked by the new fiesta st or rs
cheers scott

surely if he's running a k04 turbo the ST should have no chance and it should be high 200 or low 300 anyway?

I am building a 2.0l 20v stroker that I hope will be capable of over 500ftlbs before it grenades.

head is the weak part. replace all valves, springs retainers, guide, consider single groove collets if you expect to go over 8000rpm.
stock cams are fine.
porting is expensive bang for buck, stock is fine unless you are trying to squeeze that extra 50bhp out of it.
the stock pistons are fine for high hp unless you want to overbore
change rods, lots of options with prices from $350 - $1000
stock crank is fine, cast or otherwise. (see below for main caps)
get your crank dowelled and fit a new crank sprocket and bolt (this is a major weak point)
new bearings/seals throughout.
new oil and water pumps (metal impeller)
some people use billet main caps but IMO its a bling upgrade based on spec sheet **** measuring. can't find anyone who has blown an engine in a non race environemnt due to caps.
that said a good set of main studs and head studs are always usefull.

lots of clutch options depending on power
Southbend do one of the best clutches for the 1.8t. they also do SM flywheels, which you would probably want

choose your suppliers and parts well and you could do all that for £1500 -2000 assuming you are doing the labour.

buy in the US!

no havnt had it remapped yet thinking of gettin it pipes and remap
can u go stage 2 if i get full exhaust system? already have k&n
do i need to tell mapper about k04 turbo ?
if i get the stage 2 wht power you recon ill be getting?
i recon that fiesta was pretty tuned cause it smoked the car it was racing the new focus rs or st not sure wht 1 i was a car behind them at traffic lights seen they were revin engines and thought i would join in

You've put a ko4 turbo on without remapping? I wouldnt think you're making much more power from standard if that is the case [though i may stand corrected shortly]...

You would need to tell the garage doing the remap that you had a different turbo, but you may need to upgrade other bits, ie TIP, DV, intercooler, downpipe, exhaust etc to actually benefit from having the bigger turbo on it.

Who actually put the turbo on, as if it was a decent garage surely they would've told you that you cant just bolt on a bigger turbo and not uprate anything else and expect to gain that much from it....