Racing Cams on an S3

dela

Reaction score
has this been done? i wouldnt of thought racing cams for an S3 would be too expensive and it could push a remapped S3 over the 300BHP mark!

is there a reason i havent seen anyone talking about cams?

unsure fella..... theres a lot of big turbo kits around and im pretty sure they have the standards in them...as for pushing 300bhp, id assume not as people go to the expense of £1200 sourcing a hybrid KO4 to break that barrier using FMIC, new downpipe and various other bits.... my educated guess is that theres little or no benefit

i doubt wether you would see anywhere near 300 bhp just with a re-mapp and cams its another one of those selling tacktics where they pull a number from the sky and say heres how much power you can have, never happens.
i have not read on here once of people putting in cams on a 1.8t engine, there would be no point on a k04/k03/k03s turbo'd engine anyway as the turbo runs out of puff in higher revs where the cams would start to make there mark, so if you were to want racing cams then you would have to go big turbo for a start then you would'nt really need cams as you would have well over 350bhp anyway, at the end of the day they are race cams so really you would need to set your car up to race standards and it wouldnt be a nice car to drive on the road,

getyourself a hybrid if you want 300bhp your more likely to break the 300 mark or get any where near it then you would with the cams

Longer duration race cams are not really ideal in forced induction engines.

Normally aspirated engines benefit from from longer duration cams as it aids the air speed and cylinder filling.

On a supercharged or turbo charged engine the air fuel is blown in so this is not so important.

If the choice is available go for a higher lift with a short duration.

The standard 20v head is a bit poor at flowing air . the middle of the three valves does no work at all shown on a flow bench, the air simply goes around it to the other valves. If the cam gave slightly higher lift on this valve it would improve things greatly but never see 300 from them and a map