Badger5Sky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

S3: This front camber/caster kit any good?

As title.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT...ht_4778wt_1147

Or can I adjust the camber up front (OEM) by loosening the three bolts and pull the wheel out by hand while getting someone to tighten the bolts? Someone meant it could be done...I know this has been covered before but it's sunday and I'm lazy...
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    you can adjust it with the 3 bolts to a certain extent (about -1.5' per side) but a kit would help get more - camber if thats what you desire
    8P S3

4th Gear

Status
    Have you tried moving the standard adjustment? i have got mine as far out as they go (equally) and it corners lovely but for straight line driving and on the motorway any uneven surface and I'm having to correct the steering more than id like. So I'm thinking of going back to factory setting on the camber or somewhere in between
    8P S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3ollie View Post
    Have you tried moving the standard adjustment? i have got mine as far out as they go (equally) and it corners lovely but for straight line driving and on the motorway any uneven surface and I'm having to correct the steering more than id like. So I'm thinking of going back to factory setting on the camber or somewhere in between
    First thank you for replying! Secondly, no I haven't played around with the front camber at all. And I don't want that much negative camber either. Just a little more than OEM. Like you said driving isn't all about cornering but even so comfortable cruising...

How did you get them out? Loosen the three bolts and moving it a little. Did you do it yourself or when you had an alignment? Much of an effort for those who did it?

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

4th Gear

Status
    yeah just loosen, i got mine done at a local place with the correct alignment machine and they have a plate under the car wheel on the lift that moves around that makes it a bit easier to move
    8P S3

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh ok...sounds easy enough then. What camber settings will you preferably have? Cheers mate.

4th Gear

Status
    i think the standard setting is -.5 degrees each side.
    8P S3