Droplink?

Reaction score
Does anybody know what a droplink is with relation to an A3?? According to m dealership I need two new ones for my car but I haven't a clue what they're talking about? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think they are the links that go between the anti roll bar and track control arms, could be wrong though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jon.

yup that is what they are, although I believe on the quattro versions they connect to the suspension under the spring as opposed to the control arm and are therefore twice as long (prob twice as dear) as 2 wheel drive version.

Drop/connecting link is one of these except obviously in one peice. The result of my crash, making it infinately adjustable. It is possible for these parts to wear but more likely for the bushes to wear out.

Many thanks for the pic, it makes it much more obvious what you mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif....only problem is they have replaced these and it is still making the same noise!?! i'll have a whole new car by the time they have finished!

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
I thought this was a droplink? Different type perhaps??

[/ QUOTE ]

Could well be, but that version is only fitted on the Quattro and S3, the one thing I'm not sure if on the TQ and S3 if they use a combination of the two as the Etka parts info is kind of confusing, it shows both with only a variation on chassis numbers.....strange.

Luckily they're doing all the work FOC as they have messed me about so much, it did help that I wrote a 2 page complaint to the general manager /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif...so far i've had:

1.New front bushes (not sure which ones)
2.New Anti-roll bar
3.New front drop links
4.Currently fitting something new at the top of the front suspension mounts

I'll have a whole new car soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Good question!? I should find out later today when I get an update, so i'll let you know. All i know is i'm without my car and driving a 1.6 A4 which is painfully slow and uninvolving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif