EM TuningBadger5
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    vetch's Avatar
    S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    412

    18" Audi S4 alloys

    I have just bought a set of genuine 18" S4 alloys for my S3. I'll be using hub adapters to fit them, which will also double up as spacers so I'm killing two birds with one stone.

    Can someone confirm the type of adapter I'll need from this list?

    https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/aud...2804_2812.html

    I know I will need to convert PCD 5/100 to 5/112 but I have no idea about bore sizes or how much width I'll need?

    If I was just going to buy spacers, I'd be looking to go 20mm on rear and 10mm up front.
    Audi S3

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,233
    Where you managed to find them?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  4. #3
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,275
    Quote Originally Posted by vetch View Post
    I have just bought a set of genuine 18" S4 alloys for my S3. I'll be using hub adapters to fit them, which will also double up as spacers so I'm killing two birds with one stone.

    Can someone confirm the type of adapter I'll need from this list?

    https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/aud...2804_2812.html

    I know I will need to convert PCD 5/100 to 5/112 but I have no idea about bore sizes or how much width I'll need?

    If I was just going to buy spacers, I'd be looking to go 20mm on rear and 10mm up front.
    PM DPM and ask what you need. Get some pics up when your done cos I'm interested in getting the S4 Avus wheels on my car.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  5. #4
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,291

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/hr-...99-p-2558.html

    Only available in 20mm and above.

    Damian @ DPM
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  6. #5
    vetch's Avatar
    S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Where you managed to find them?
    Ebay mate, I couldnt believe my luck! I'm a big fan of the Avus alloys, they are the best wheels for the S3. I was thinking of going back to standard S3 Avus wheels, but I came across the S4 ones on ebay. I was shocked when I saw the price of hub adapters though.
    Audi S3

  7. #6
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,531
    I would have personally try and get some reps with the correct stud pattern than go with hub adaptors which adds more unsprung weight to the car.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  8. #7
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,233
    Good point jojo, just found somewhere local to me that can get any audi alloy (rep) ,
    Are BF Goodridge tyres any good?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  9. #8
    scoTTy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,958
    I've got some genuine B6 S4 wheels for sale if anyone is interested??
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

  10. #9
    JJBS3's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Good point jojo, just found somewhere local to me that can get any audi alloy (rep) ,
    Are BF Goodridge tyres any good?
    You wouldn't be so kind as to pass on their name would you?

    BF Goodrich are owned by Michelin PLC, so would imagine they can't be too bad....but can't say from experience..sorry
    1999 S3, Revo remap stg1, forge RV, un-oiled k+n panel filter.....SHES BACK!!!!

  11. #10
    Dani_B19's Avatar
    Audi-sports own special child.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnsley
    Posts
    7,233
    Yeah no worries, its ap tyres in rotherham.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

  12. #11
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,908
    Quote Originally Posted by scoTTy View Post
    I've got some genuine B6 S4 wheels for sale if anyone is interested??
    pics

  13. #12
    vetch's Avatar
    S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I would have personally try and get some reps with the correct stud pattern than go with hub adaptors which adds more unsprung weight to the car.
    I was planning to get spacers anyway, so with the hub adapters I'll probably be adding a little over a kilo per corner of unsprung weight, which I can live with.

    And most people dont even consider the unsprung weight when changing from the standard wheels to big 18"/19" buggers that add a good few kgs at each wheel.
    Audi S3

  14. #13
    scoTTy's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    pics
    Already prepared

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul_sc...eels_small.zip

    It's 2.9Mb but I wanted it to show exactly what I have.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

  15. #14
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,531
    Quote Originally Posted by vetch View Post
    I was planning to get spacers anyway, so with the hub adapters I'll probably be adding a little over a kilo per corner of unsprung weight, which I can live with.

    And most people dont even consider the unsprung weight when changing from the standard wheels to big 18"/19" buggers that add a good few kgs at each wheel.
    Just over a kilo per corner is a LOT Vetch, a set of spacers from Forge are light weight, probably a kilo for the 4 of them?

    With regards to 19's, mine weigh a ton, and don't do anything for my handling, but that's the price of being exclusive, there's not many S3's on here with 19" cup rims is there?



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  16. #15
    Maz
    Maz's Avatar
    Moon is made of green cheese

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,008
    Glad you found a set, you know they will look good once on.


    Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]


  17. #16
    vetch's Avatar
    S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Just over a kilo per corner is a LOT Vetch, a set of spacers from Forge are light weight, probably a kilo for the 4 of them?

    With regards to 19's, mine weigh a ton, and don't do anything for my handling, but that's the price of being exclusive, there's not many S3's on here with 19" cup rims is there?
    Ive no idea how much spacers or adapters weigh, but I really wanted genuine S4s on the car. I'm not a fan of replica alloys, and I really dislike the RS4 reps. More so since every man and his dog seems to be sticking them on at the moment.

    And just like you, I'm after a bit of individuality with my wheels, so I'm prepared to forfeit a small amount of handling ability to get that.

    And I wasn't having a dig at your 19s when I responded to your previous post.
    Audi S3

  18. #17
    vetch's Avatar
    S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Glad you found a set, you know they will look good once on.
    Maz, the photo in your sig, and that awesome photo of Westle's S3 at the ring, running on original Avus wheels, were the inspiration behind me getting S4s. And if I hadn't found them I would've gone back to 17s asap.

    For me, the S3 doesn't suit thin spoked alloys, the chunky Avus style wheels suit the muscular, mean looks of the car the best.
    Audi S3

  19. #18
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,275
    Quote Originally Posted by vetch View Post
    Maz, the photo in your sig, and that awesome photo of Westle's S3 at the ring, running on original Avus wheels, were the inspiration behind me getting S4s. And if I hadn't found them I would've gone back to 17s asap.

    For me, the S3 doesn't suit thin spoked alloys, the chunky Avus style wheels suit the muscular, mean looks of the car the best.
    Glad to be of some help

    You have to remember that when the Audi design team were drawing up the S3 they designed it to have Avus as standard so that must say something
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  20. #19
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,275
    Any luck with getting the right spacers yet Vetch?
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  21. #20
    vetch's Avatar
    S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    412
    These ones will definitely fit, but I trying to see if I can find alternatives.

    https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/hr-...99-p-2558.html
    Audi S3

  22. #21
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,275
    Quote Originally Posted by vetch View Post
    These ones will definitely fit, but I trying to see if I can find alternatives.

    https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/hr-...99-p-2558.html
    cheaper alternatives???
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  23. #22
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    498
    I know this is an old thread but I am interested in getting some 18" Asus's for my 8l A3. DO I need hub adapters? If so how come?

  24. #23
    Chugger

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    2,716
    if they are genuine you need adapters, as the hub pattern is different. You can get reps though
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

  25. #24
    AGU-TURBO's Avatar
    Audi a3 1.8t AGU

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    612
    Audi a3 - s3 and golf mk4's are 5x100 pcd and you'r bigger saloon/estates tend to be 5x112 pcd

  26. #25
    Chugger

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by AGU-TURBO View Post
    Audi a3 - s3 and golf mk4's are 5x100 pcd and you'r bigger saloon/estates tend to be 5x112 pcd
    i think fitment chaged with age actually. The s4 avus wheels are off the next generation audis i believe
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

  27. #26
    Chlippo's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada/USA/Lebanon
    Posts
    666
    how can we know what type of adapters i have to use to fit my BMW M5 wheels to my S3?
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

    For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO