Is there anyone that rents electric polishers for detailing?

Westy

Reaction score
I'm getting my bumper, bonnet, and rusty roof painted on the 1st june. Once its done I want to do a full detail but I dont want to fork out over £100 for a polisher if there is somewhere I can rent one from.

Does anyone know any companies that provide this service, or even if there is a member in the Hertfordshire area that has one and wouldn't mind helping me out :friends:

Dude, if you are getting all that painted, will they not be able to just mop it for you??

If you were closer you could have borrowed mine mate. I've got a garage full of stuff that you're welcome to have a play with.

hello mate were are you getting your paint work done ????????????

Have you got any pics of your car after your detail with the above tool?

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

TBH tho it did take me over 8 hours and there are still a few swirls but its loads better than what it was

hello mate were are you getting your paint work done ????????????

Hi mate is your S3 actually "Rusty"? :ohmy:

I'm getting the paintwork done by a mate of a mate who repairs crashed motors and sells them on. I got a quote from an Audi approved body shop just to do the roof and they quoted £400! I'm getting the bumper, bonnet and roof done by this mate of a mate for £200 :o.k:

Hi mate is your S3 actually "Rusty"? :ohmy:

I'm getting the paintwork done by a mate of a mate who repairs crashed motors and sells them on. I got a quote from an Audi approved body shop just to do the roof and they quoted £400! I'm getting the bumper, bonnet and roof done by this mate of a mate for £200 :o.k:

should the work be covered by audis corrosion warranty? is it not 12 years?

I've already tried that route and they did the paint depth test to find that my rear quarter had been sprayed at some point so they wont touch it :banghead: that was when they quoted me £400!

ha i thought they would do anything to get out of that!! do you know why your car has had a re-spray? i bet it was cos they have repaired a rust patch before!

ha i thought they would do anything to get out of that!! do you know why your car has had a re-spray? i bet it was cos they have repaired a rust patch before!

Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if it had the rust patch before because it looks like the roof strip has been removed and put back in because it has a slight kink in it! I've bought a brand new roof strip for this time. The previous owner was obviously a tit :asskicking:

Yeah I wouldn't be suprised if it had the rust patch before because it looks like the roof strip has been removed and put back in because it has a slight kink in it! I've bought a brand new roof strip for this time. The previous owner was obviously a tit :asskicking: