Fitting boost guage

peakey

Reaction score
Got my boost guage today any ideas on a easy way to get the pipe into the engine bay im useing the drivers air vent to hold the guage

Cheers

Oh and the best thing to tap into for the light

Got my boost guage today any ideas on a easy way to get the pipe into the engine bay im useing the drivers air vent to hold the guage

Cheers

Oh and the best thing to tap into for the light

There's a rubber grommet on the engine side of the baulkhead that I fed mine through, you need to remove the underside of the glovebox to get to it from the inside.
I found the feed for the light ashtray light and used that as the feed for the dimmer and for the live I used the feed from the ciggy lighter, hope that helps.

iv got the whole glove box out and i still cant find anything :(

I built my gauge into the drivers air vent and fed the pipe through out of the dash board on the right and then through the drivers door, somewhere near where it hinges. Cant quite remember how without looking but its definately possible!

there is a little rubber gromet where your bonnet catch wire runs in the left hand corner near the ecu

Does anybody know the colours of the wires you use from the car to make the gauge light up?
I would rather have the dimmer from the cars head lights control how bright the gauge is.
I found a thread about doing this in a golf and they said pop out the headlight switch and use the GREY wire as the live feed. the BROWN as the earth and they GREY/BLUE to control how bright the gauge is.

Are these anything like the colours in an S3??

on the side of the dash where the fuses are take it out there is about 9 torx screws in it then you can locate the wires for the dimmer i cant remember which colour wires but you can test it