Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Fitting boost guage

Got my boost guage today any ideas on a easy way to get the pipe into the engine bay im useing the drivers air vent to hold the guage

Cheers

Oh and the best thing to tap into for the light

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by peakey View Post
    Got my boost guage today any ideas on a easy way to get the pipe into the engine bay im useing the drivers air vent to hold the guage

Cheers

Oh and the best thing to tap into for the light
    There's a rubber grommet on the engine side of the baulkhead that I fed mine through, you need to remove the underside of the glovebox to get to it from the inside.
    I found the feed for the light ashtray light and used that as the feed for the dimmer and for the live I used the feed from the ciggy lighter, hope that helps.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

1st Gear

Status
    iv got the whole glove box out and i still cant find anything

Petrol Head

Status
    I built my gauge into the drivers air vent and fed the pipe through out of the dash board on the right and then through the drivers door, somewhere near where it hinges. Cant quite remember how without looking but its definately possible!
    2001 S3 Facelift | BOSE Symphony | Cruise Control | Full leather Recaro's | Xenons | Forge chrome DV | BMC CDA cool air induction | Miltek cat back exhaust | Vagtech Stage 2 remap | EBC Ulitmax discs | Goodrich hoses | Koni adjustables | Eibach Pro Line lowering springs | Blue Haldex Quattro ECU | 18" RS4 alloys | Toyo T1-S tyres | R32 anit rolls bars | H&R rear wheel spacers |

jabba mapped

Status
    there is a little rubber gromet where your bonnet catch wire runs in the left hand corner near the ecu

6th Gear

Status
    Does anybody know the colours of the wires you use from the car to make the gauge light up?
    I would rather have the dimmer from the cars head lights control how bright the gauge is.
    I found a thread about doing this in a golf and they said pop out the headlight switch and use the GREY wire as the live feed. the BROWN as the earth and they GREY/BLUE to control how bright the gauge is.

Are these anything like the colours in an S3??
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

jabba mapped

Status
    on the side of the dash where the fuses are take it out there is about 9 torx screws in it then you can locate the wires for the dimmer i cant remember which colour wires but you can test it