DV pipe

takworldwide

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know where the best place i can get the small rubber pipe connected to the top if my DV as it is starting to perish, car seems alittle down on power(not sure if its the pipe or coilpacks).

Thanks.

Any motorfactors shop would sell vacuum pipe suitable.

Sadly, when mine broke the only place open was halfords so I ended up spending £13 on a length of silicon hose....RIP OFF!!

Ebay has loads on their, pick your colour aswell

Thanks A3TOM, do you think this would cause lumply idle/reduced power? As i hear coilpacks never go on an AGU?

Thanks A3TOM, do you think this would cause lumply idle/reduced power? As i hear coilpacks never go on an AGU?

Coil packs never go on AGU, is this correct? Begining to think AGU was the best engine they did.

Coil packs never go on AGU, is this correct? Begining to think AGU was the best engine they did.

My mates Golf (AGU) had the coil packs go tits up on it a couple of years ago.

Currently though my AGU has been solid as a rock and I've not had anything go wrong apart from the temp sensor.

T

sorry to be a pain but does anyone know the diameter of the vacuum pipe, im guessing 5mm???

You can go 5mm but for the best fit im sure its 3mm

get 4-5mm internal diameter as the 3mm is a tight fit, especially if its an aftermarket dump valve. The vacuum/fuel hose is abt £1 per metre from motor factors.

This colud be the reason why your loosing power, when I had my a3 one of hoses came off the dv and it did lose power and felt sluggish.

Begining to think AGU was the best engine they did.

I think in its generation, yes

My mates Golf (AGU) had the coil packs go tits up on it a couple of years ago.

Currently though my AGU has been solid as a rock and I've not had anything go wrong apart from the temp sensor.

T

were they original coilpacks? I've yet to come across an AGU engines with bad coilpacks...the ignition amplifier is usually the main problem

Hi all, does anyone know where the best place i can get the small rubber pipe connected to the top if my DV as it is starting to perish, car seems alittle down on power(not sure if its the pipe or coilpacks).

Thanks.

just go to an Audi delaer and bring the pipe with you. They don't have that as a part no. on their system (well mine didn't). Try to explain what it is.

They will come back with a metre of it and that for free. LOL

(Well I got mine like this way)

were they original coilpacks? I've yet to come across an AGU engines with bad coilpacks...the ignition amplifier is usually the main problem

As far as I'm aware they were, his car was an ex demo so he was the first real keeper so I think they were the original ones.

Thinking about it, I think the stealer changed them on a recall when it went in for a service years and years ago. He's not had any problems since though (its up to 140k now)