FMIC Help

and32

Reaction score
I have bought an fmic from ebay and wondered if anyone has fitted one, i have looked at other threads and have got some info, two things i would like to know are there dosnt seem to be an opening on the new pipes for the n75 take off, theres one for the dv, does anyone know how i can fit the n75, could i use a t piece. The other thing is will my car have a map sensor its a 1999 a3 1.8 t sport thanks

You got alink to which kit you've bought?

Hello and Welcome to the site

Does the kit look good quality and have they provided you with brackets to hang the fmic?

No this is the kit:

b7c9c9502dd15d4369ddd701cf97e4bb.jpg

And32, looks too good to be true for the cost but I'd love to know how well this cooler works when you finally get it fitted.

i dont follow what your asking AND32....the dv and N75 are mounted on the TIP...the FMIC kit doesnt offer a pipe from the air box to the turbo becauses its an FMIC kit - am i missing something here??

So the n75 valve connects to the tip, is it the bottom small connection cloest to the turbo?

Tim, the piping kit looks like it replaces the A3's existing charge side pipes which is why he asks. The one pipe in the picture looks to have an outlet for the DV as stated but not the N75. I am not familiar with the charge piping on an A3 as I have an S3, most kits for the S3 pick up from the OEM SMIC's so that maybe where the confusion is here.

@And32, I would have a look at using as much of the OEM piping as poss initially to get the FMIC fitted then look to fitting whats left if you can. The other thing I noticed and may be an issue is the MAP sensor... on A3's that have them, its mounted in the top header of the OEM SMIC iirc and there doesn't seem to be provision for that either.

<tuffty/>

I have the exact same kit on mine! it took a few adjustments but its fitted and seems to be working fine! Jump on my website below for a few pictures, mines fitted to a K04 turbo im not sure if it would be easier on the standard K03

I will try and get Rich (the person that fitted most of it) to jump on here and help out

any questions let me know and i will try and help

I never had Fogs on mine at the bottom anyway, mine are in the main headlight for some reason ?? not sure if thats normal but when i pull my light switch out the fogs come on in there

Im thinking about getting some custom pipes made up so that i can tuck the pipes in a bit more as they do stick out a little bit. I want to be able to get some grills put back in there to hide it all away

What do you guys think ?

yup agree it needs tucking in, perhaps cutting the pipes at the joins to the OEM pipes and get some longer sleeves maybe.....

erm, the 1.8T's have fogs in the light cluster...as far as i know all S3's have fogs in the grills..never seen one otherwise pre face or post face

Difference with the FMIC ? I cant really tell you if im honest cause all the work got done on my car in one go. It went from a totally standard 180bhp 1.8T then we added the new K04 turbo, S3 injectors and downpipe etc with the Exhaust and FMIC on there aswell. So i couldn't really tell you a difference but its all working together nicely :D .. just want a better re-map done really im sure its got more to give !

thanks for all help i will try and fit it this weekend then, oh yes how much cutting of the bumper is needed to get it to fit

i would also like some help with what to do with the n75 valve and dv pipes that connect to the charge pipe on the back of the engine.i've looked at some of the pictures in your web site of your quattro but cant see much maybe someone has some deatailed pictures of what to use please? cheers mark.