Volks AutosChris Nott
    Audi Sport

Status

Dual Mass Flywheel Problem

Just to let anybody know who has the same problem as me, it was the dual mass flywheel that was causing the shaking at idle as a posted about a week ago, which is what i expected in the first place due to the car stopping shaking when the clutch was pressed down. I paid 42 for a diagnostics to tell me nothing was a matter withe the engine all running fine, good news in one way but bad considering it was a waste of 42. The engineer said his previous golf GT TDI did it occasionally like mine, and it would be fine and didn't need replaced but it would still shake occasionally, I'm going to get it replaced anyways because it is annoying. Doe's anybody know the cheapest place to get a dual mass flywheel for a A3 Sport 1.9TDI 130? my flywheel is still under warranty, but warranty companies being $% as they are lol, decided they would not replace it till my car broke down which is typical! Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Phlat6

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason-A3Sport View Post
    Just to let anybody know who has the same problem as me, it was the dual mass flywheel that was causing the shaking at idle as a posted about a week ago, which is what i expected in the first place due to the car stopping shaking when the clutch was pressed down. I paid 42 for a diagnostics to tell me nothing was a matter withe the engine all running fine, good news in one way but bad considering it was a waste of 42. The engineer said his previous golf GT TDI did it occasionally like mine, and it would be fine and didn't need replaced but it would still shake occasionally, I'm going to get it replaced anyways because it is annoying. Doe's anybody know the cheapest place to get a dual mass flywheel for a A3 Sport 1.9TDI 130? my flywheel is still under warranty, but warranty companies being $% as they are lol, decided they would not replace it till my car broke down which is typical! Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    Hi,

Needed the similar part for a 2001 S3 recently and got it from GSF (www.gsfcarparts.com). Cheapest by far in my case and it was a OE supplier item. Big job fitting it though.

Good luck.

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    try these also:

murraysdirect
    vwspares

Big job fitting, as said above.
    ^^ In my opinion

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    wait can you explainwhat the symptoms were? did it shake when you were just sitting idle? without turning left or right or even forward or back?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Audi Sport

Status
    Yes Defratos it did exactly that, you have a similar problem? i have definitely ruled out the injectors and coil pack though already had a diagnostics to check. Sorry for the reply being so late been away for a few days. Reply asap thanks.
    Last edited by Mason-A3Sport; 24th May 2009 at 14:39.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WSBOBO View Post
    You can get something what will surprise you in replica handbags
    Somebody delete this twat.... please

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 25th November 2010 at 10:05. Reason: Removed spamming twats link
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status
    yeah wtf!? thought i kept seeing replica handbags around the place.

hey, the first time i have had to use the report post button...
    Last edited by Alex C; 25th November 2010 at 09:40.
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos