S3 Drivers Seat Issue

5ean

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
The other day when i went to sit in the car, i sat back and left the lower back support thing pop and now there's no lower back support? I can hear the motor turning when i push the buttons for it but it aint actually moving..

I'm not overweight etc, no where near it in fact so i dunno how this managed to happen.. Is there anything i can do to fix it or would it involve taking the seat to pieces etc? :uhm:

Thanks

Sean

Sounds like somethings snapped. I had this on an old car where the lumbar suppport cable snapped....was a right pig to change (wasnt an S3 though).

Same thing happened on my A4, I used this guide to sort it out. Although it's for an A4 not an S3, the same theory applies.

Thanks for that! I will give it a go at some point this weekend.. Hopefully the entire part in broken, it just felt like it popped out of the holder rather than breaking..

Sean,

I dismantled an S3 recaro last year, and it's a bit more complex than the A4 looks.

You have to remove the seat back from the seat (and there are no plugs on the cable to the lumber motor, you either have to cut and re-splice the cable or keep the backrest next to the base) and remove the leather to gain access to the lumber motor.

See http://audi.lanzz.org/a3_interior.pdf for guide to removing and stripping the seat down.

Good Luck,

Nothing is ever easy nowadays huh :( Thanks for that Ali, appreciated!