Booked in, anything else

rich-hill@hotmail.com

Reaction score
My car has been booked in for a Miltek exhuast. I have booked it into a CC centre. Can i ask straight for stage 2 map..Or do i have to have stage 1 first?

I've asked them i would like it mapped, just havent told them which map yet (as they offer several)

They will also fit a new induction kit and forge DV for me (as stock DV arn't that great)

Are their any other parts i should concider having upgraded for reliability? (for example DV is reccomended to be upgraded)

Any help would be great

Rich

If you are hoping to go to stage two i would maybe fit a "tip" turbo intake pipe just to be on the safe side,
They will have a minimal spec for the car before they would stage 2 map it. from what i remember it to be... a free flowing exhaust . a replacement uprated air filter and a uprated DV

So your sorted.

you can go for stage 2 map if you want to. It's just the difference in how custom the map is for your car. Generally, stage 1 is best for near standard cars, as they are mostly the same.

Stage 2 is different, because tuners do more to customise the map to your car's characteristics and mods - exhausts, filters, bigger turbos, etc...

This varies from one tuner to another, so always best to confirm with whoever it is that does your map.

I'm sure you will love yours - it really is like having a different engine in there :)

Depends how much money you wana spend.. i'd suggest a FMIC so you can hold peak boost for longer...

Also id have a spare set of coilpacks just incase they go pop and your car starts running like a retarded kangaroo once on full boost.

Thought about downpipe and a freeflowing cat?

after stage 1 you get around 250 ish bhp (i think) so what dose stage 2 bump it up to

after stage 1 you get around 250 ish bhp (i think) so what dose stage 2 bump it up to

You might get the same or you might get more... It all depends on the condition of the car's engine, individual mods, etc...

You can map two identical cars with similar age and they will never make exactly the same power. The same goes for stage 1, 2 or whatever else they call it.

All that happens with stage 2, is that the map itself is tweaked slightly to ensure that the air/fuel mix burns as best as possible with given mods. This requires extra time for the tuner and more dyno time, hence the extra cost.

With a Stage 1 map an uprated map gets flashed on to the car and you get what you get, which suits most standard or mildly-modded cars (air filter or just an exhaust back box).

Heard the N75 valve makes a big differance if changed but not 100% sure if its safe. Theres a thread that Ess_Three made about these N75 valves.

Im after a stage 2 with the mods i have. (Miltek turbo back exhaust, Neuspeed P-Flow intake and Forge DV).

Also after a FMIC...Would i need to map it again after ive added the FMIC?

Sorry for hi-jacking...

Ive always gone by the rule of turbo charged cars - genuwine engine mods needs to be mapped after so you can make sure its running right..

Last think you want is it to be running lean or chucking out loads of fuel and burn through your cat.

Get everything you want on your car, dont drive it too hard until its been mapped. Then you know its running the way it should and hey presto you have a fast car.
Go for stage 2.

Shy19's..... Offtopic but any chance you can post or point me in the direction of a few pictures of your car.... Want to see it in white, I have not seen many and love them. Is it white from factory or respray?

Cheers
b

being the nosey ****** i am......how much is the exhaust out of interest?

ok so if i look at it this way

I have a budget of around £1000, Miltek exhuast comes in at around £400ish.
What do i do next?

No PM'img allowed!!!! hehehe :thumbsup:

Post em for all.... I was thinking about a respray to Ibis white actually..... I love that white!

Please please please post a pic or three :respekt:

Cheers

Can you go straight to stage 2? (£350)

Or do you have to have stage 1 (£350) and then stage two on top (£350) totalling £700?

Stage 2 cost me £50. Thats What all Revo dealers charge I believe. So £350 then 50.

So stage 1... then drive that about until you get used to it then get a stage 2 is my advice :superman:

Stage 2 power seems to last longer up the rev range. Still get a mighty kick at the start though!

lol thanks for the comments guys.. i'll get some pix up soon, its standard colour, but a hell of alot of wax/polish and god knows what other products over it.

blatant hijack I hope no mods see this!
Photo0234.jpg

Photo0227.jpg

Photo0231.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

lol jase.. did you get the pic i emailed to you?

They are old pix man.. i got the back all debadged, de wiperd, a miltec hanging out the back too.. spacers.. i been busy lol.. I'll take some pix of the rear end and get them up tomorrow...

yes thanks got the pic
cannot keep up with you Shy with your car...took them pics 2 months ago!?

Rich get a decent TIP also read EssThree guide in the sticky threads as its a bible

lol thanks anyways man..

TIP is essential when going for more boost, defo agree with that one.

Anyone seen used the forge and the samco and compared the two?

Just had the REVO stage 1 trial put on my car this afternoon, must be honest I was a little disappointed first driving it around town and then snarled up in rush hour traffic as I headed out to the private road I was aiming for...

Then - my word.

As everyone says, feels like a new engine, power seems never ending by comparison.

In terms of other considerations though, first impression is that it's a hell of a lot easier to get up to serious speeds with corners coming up at rapid pace - I'm just not sure I'd be comfortable with the stock brake setup with even a stage 1 map to be honest.

I'd always thought that I wouldn't drive hard enough to have a problem with the S3 brakes, but they just seemed frustratingly unresponsive when trying desperately to scrub off the new found speed.
Willing to believe it's just my poor driving style getting me in trouble though!