Awesome GTI...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Do members get a discount at all?
need a vent gauge mount for a face lift s3...
looking at about 75 quid from what i seen on their site,

Awesome GTI are a bit of a rip-off TBH... They advertise prices excluding VAT on the main page and you have to read details of each product to see the actual price you pay.

To me personally, it stinks of sneaky selling techniques and makes for a bad shopping experience. Why not advertise the final price everywhere (with non-vat price in small print)? Most people that buy stuff from them are not VAT registered, are they?

I'm a bit of a grumpy ****** today :)

Well i cant find these anywhere else.
So... the question stands

well i think they would like us to assume not.... unless they are part of a supply chain for a few of the brands.... cant see it though, i agree with the selling message above.... hate companies like that

one thing they have proven is what Forge FMIC's can be reduced to, and you cant tell me they have stripped their margin,,, very interesting.... wonder what wholesale is:)

have you tried europerformance?
great service and about the cheapest around on most items ive found

well i think they would like us to assume not.... unless they are part of a supply chain for a few of the brands.... cant see it though, i agree with the selling message above.... hate companies like that

one thing they have proven is what Forge FMIC's can be reduced to, and you cant tell me they have stripped their margin,,, very interesting.... wonder what wholesale is:)

Could be anything. I know when I was in online retail it could vary from 30% to 250%.

its interesting Minty...... they sell it on their experiance etc but we know the rough costs of the items to us as consumers...thats why i refuse to pay that silly price

Personally I used them back when I had my S3 & the worst thing about them is there customer/sales service, returning calls, emails & any general comms was pretty dismal, last time I moaned about this I got whinged at by the mods, then awesome said they were sorry & will address it but since then I've seen someone complain about it yet again, so now am I expecting to be moaned at again just cause they're a site sponsor

I havnt used them since I never got replied to, so I went with DPM, now they know how to serve buyers, so he gets all my money for parts he can supply for me & so far its been near 1k & will be more with mrs & her vag car coming soon & my next incarnation

mods will be along soon lol.
you have to watch what you say on here.i found that out for myself yesterday so im not going to comment on Awesome :shutup2:

at the end of the day, they all have sumat to sell which we cant slate them for.... DPM do make more of the effort to nip on here and take that chance when it arises, Awesome do but to a lesser extent and obviously they are a let down on cust service it seems.... and their rollers are notorious with the fudge factor....

I'm not sure if DPM sell the item the original poster is after, but I would recommend them all the way. Having dealt with them recently, and spending a fair amount of cash, their service is impressive. Especially the communication.

I cant fault DPM, bought a fair few items and delivery is very fast.... unbelievably fast actually, prices are way better than other people I was quoted from. They know their stuff they do!

Hi
Well here I am
A couple of issues on here , and I am sorry for the lack of response
We do not offer discounts on the items we sell to members on here
We deal with quite a few forums , and the majority of the customers we have are forum members
We have been looking at the web site too as to adding VAT
We have managed to do this , by if you see an item that you like , then press for more information , then that will come up with the price exclusive of VAT and inclusive of VAT
The reason why we have now reduced the price of the FMIC`s is because it is our 20th Anniversary year , we have been negotiating some deals , so we can offer some part that have been discounted
We had the Milltek offer on , the ZeroSixty offer on , and now FMIC`s
With this , we have to negotiate the pricings with the companies we deal with to start with , as we can`t offer these usually at the reduced prices

We have at the moment quite a few forums that we deal with and that we pay to advertise on
That is to benifit us and also as the majority of the forums do not pay any money to be a member of , it benifits the users as there are no charges then to become a member
Then we have to monitor these , to answer questions and also where possible help
It is me that does the majority of the forums , but at the moment the phones and workshop is so busy
I apologise to anyone who has had issues , I am here to help if I can
Sarah

DPM should try and extend their range. I will be ordering my springs, dampers and tie bars from him though.

Never had any issues with Awesome. Used them for a number of items over the years. I will probably buy the Forge FMIC and arbs from them.

How long is the Forge FMIC deal on for?

It would be good if you could stock Neuspeed ARBs Damian, the only thing I can see thats missing from your site that Id be looking to buy in the future (Along with the Forge Tie Arms, Bilstein B8s and H&R Springs!)

Well Im not seeing any exhausts. Despite the feedback some give on this site about their benefits I still think they are desired.

I know that neuspeed offer some good products too.

But the area where I think most people struggle to source performance parts is transmission. Clutches and flywheels perhaps.

Hi
Thank you for the kind words
The Forge Intercooler offer is on until 30th May
The main issue is that they are taking approx 4 weeks to get in from date of order
So if it helps , I can take a deposit of say £100 , then when the FMIC comes in , then we can take the payment in full for it
If that helps?
Sarah

mods will be along soon lol.
you have to watch what you say on here.i found that out for myself yesterday so im not going to comment on Awesome :shutup2:
suprised it hasnt been locked or deleted already lol
or maybe its only certain topics that get locked/deleted,i cant work it out lol

suprised it hasnt been locked or deleted already lol
or maybe its only certain topics that get locked/deleted,i cant work it out lol

Nice of you to reply to your own post, I'm monitoring the thread, and as yet not received a complaint from Sarah or Awesome to do anything but to let the thread continue...

Sarah of Awesome has already made a reply to the post in a proffessional manner which is what you would expect of a company that's been in the game for 20 years.

So let's keep the thread on topic ok.

Cheers.

Joe

Sounds good actually as I do have a large service to pay for this month.

So I could place the order on say the 28th with the £100 deposit and then in approx. a month when the goods arrive in I pay the outstanding amount.

£100 deposit and then £518.24 + £9 carriage

I'm monitoring the thread, and as yet not received a complaint from Sarah or Awesome to do anything but to let the thread continue...

Ah so if its a sponsor we cant moan about them?

& that is a fair question to ask JoJo I think.

like i say cant work it out.
yesterday a thread was looked so a dealer didnt get named
today a retailer gets named and its fine
can someone explain why some threads get locked/deleted and others dont:wacko:

Ah so if its a sponsor we cant moan about them?

& that is a fair question to ask JoJo I think.

Of course you can have a moan, but ideally, you would want to back up an accusation with FACTS, not guilty until proven etc.

like i say cant work it out.
yesterday a thread was looked so a dealer didnt get named
today a retailer gets named and its fine
can someone explain why some threads get locked/deleted and others dont:wacko:

In all fairness, there's a few moderators about(I'm actually pretty new to it myself), and we are on at different times, I just happen to be moderating this thread since I'm online.

I haven't locked this one yet, as Sarah of Awesome has not made a complaint that I know of, and she was happy to make a reply too, which would suggest there's no need for this thread to be locked.

Of course you can have a moan, but ideally, you would want to back up an accusation with FACTS, not guilty until proven etc.

You were saying:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=72100

& why would it need to be locked anyway just cause we are mentioning that there communication skills are a little lacking, thats a contructive complaint that they've been made aware of before, promised to improve & still done nothing about it, locking threads just cause the sponsor doesnt like whats said, which tbh I can backup with FACTS as you have asked for, but this only adds to alienate possible buyers & your members I believe, but leaving it open & Awesome actually proactively getting involved & actually making imrpovements to there comms structure is in everyone's best interest namely:
  1. Improves members belief in the forum not being biaised towards sponsors so much, so shows they have interest in there members as much as there sponsors
  2. Shows members the company arent just after your money & do listen/strive to improve how they deal with us the buyers & considering Sarah has openly admitted most there custom is from forums then this is important I'd think she'd agree
  3. Make people want to come back to them for repeat custom with faith in there service from enquiry to end of sale
  4. Awesome then renews there advertising because of the revenue stream from the forum members
Now tell me this isnt a fair analogy, maybe not what the hierarchy think but I'm just a humble member seeing these things daily on the streets of the forum as such.

Edit: Missed a comma :undwech:

NHN, I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick here mate, I wasn't reffering to yourself, and this thread is seriously going off tangent to the point of being locked or seriously moderated to get back on track from the original question lol.

I was reffering to the second post here.
Awesome GTI are a bit of a rip-off TBH...

Ive not used Awesome yet, however my dad has used them to retrofit cruise to his 8P, and they did a cracking job apparently, with good customer service!

Havnt used awesome yet, had a long shopping list from they're site though, alot of tasty stuff on there.
Have nothing but good things to say about Damian + DPM, Helped out alot when i was looking for my suspension. Good advice + service will prob defo use they're site again.

Can we get this back on topic?
Basicaly im after
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13228&xSec=384

but think its a bit steep,
Most of the traders i know that use forums offer a discount to members...

clearly not on here though
Hi
To be fair , we think this is something that is not the cheapest price
But as it is cracking quality and also that there is very few out there , we either not deal with them , or take it on the chin
We have sold a few of these and they are good , and do not take long to get in
The company that we deal with for these , deal with us and deal themselves only , from what I have been told
As we do not get a huge discount on these , we have tried our best to keep the prices to the lowest we can
As with most things , we do try , but there are some items we just can`t move on I am afraid
Sarah

Sorry for taking this off topic in the first place. Here is what I found so far:

http://www.swgmotorsport.com/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=254 - about 40 squid
Hi
The main problem is when we import products in , we have to pay quite a large amount on import duty , and also the shipping prices too :(
We had had many issues with this and we do have to be carefull and not to forget to take this in to account
Sarah

Paul have you approached the firm in Rotherham/Barnsley that make Liquids pods?? the thing is with that item @ awesome is that it is mainly effort thats gone into it rather than cost of materials...tis only £40 mate but i see ya point... someones getting one hell of a mark up

Hi Guys
Also to add to this topic
We have been trading for 20 years now , and in that time we have had quite alot of customers
Unfortunately we have had some customers that have been unhappy with the service that they have recieved
So we do try to offer to help , and if things have gone wrong , then we will do our best to help and rectify where and when we can
So far we have managed to do this , but unfortunately if a customer has something that they did not agree with , then it is always best to give us a call and go through it with us
The forums are a great place to find out information on companies , but to be fair , if anyone has had a bad experience , then to go on to a forum and give bad press is not usually the best forum of action
But call up and go through with the company (ours or anyone elses) should be the first port of call
I have been here for 3 years now with Awesome and to be fair , they have been great
I came from a dealership 5 years ago as I did not agree with the customer service that I had to give out
So here I am now , as I feel that to go home at the end of the day and feel happy that I have managed to help in some way
We get hundreds of calls a day in which the majority of the calls are people that are asking question of how they can fix their car without having to bring the car in to us and pay to have it repaired
I do go on to quite a few forums too as well as answering the calls and also dealing with the customers that come in to us
So this does mean unfortunately that within the busy day , we do not always get the opportunity to come on to all the forums at all times
To this I apologise to all
But to be fair , if anyone is desperate to contact us , then we have an email address on our web site too to assist
But we will do what we can to help everyone
I will be on this forum all day , so if I can help anyone , please feel free to PM me
Sarah

thanks for the post Sarah....with the best will in the world though what benefit would someone get from speaking to you when they have experianced bad service? the main issues from what i can see have arisen through poor contact which kind of defeats the object.... if my business cust service was dropping as a result of being too busy I would employ another person to handle the influx and ensure my business's growth wasn't held back - if that is indeed the case - if the profit isnt there then you obviously need to streamline an operation

dont get me wrong im not having a 'go'.... what i am doing is playing the advocate here

The main problem is , the amount of calls and also the amount of emails , and forum work has gone up quite a bit , quite quickly
We do not know wether this is going to stay the same for long enough to warrant taking on another person in sales
It was October last year that a sales person was laid off , due to the lack of work
Then after the Christmas holidays , it has just gone up
So is this going to carry on or not?
We do not know......as business was slower in October does it mean we will be setting on , then laying off in a few months?????

Just saying , if I am not on Audi Sport , then I am available via the phone or possibly even email
Sarah

Sounds good actually as I do have a large service to pay for this month.

So I could place the order on say the 28th with the £100 deposit and then in approx. a month when the goods arrive in I pay the outstanding amount.

£100 deposit and then £518.24 + £9 carriage
Sorry , I didnt reply to you
Yes give us a call , ask to speak to me , then I can get this arranged for you
That way you get the special price , and pay when it is posted
Sarah