JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport

Thread: Which mats?

2nd Gear

Status

Which mats?

Hi all im going to buy some new matts as my driver one has alittle wear, which bugs me but the other three are ok, Is it possible to buy the two front ones seperate from the main dealer?

And what are peoples choices would they have the standard original mats? or the ones like this?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Autoteppich-Fussm...3A1%7C294%3A50

But with s3,
    I know they are s-line! but they do the exact same with s3 instead only i cant find them now? I like the look but im not sure, cheers OSKI

Oh and the s3 ones i found a while back had clips for the front mats which is a must for me, but the rears did not, but i have found somewhere what sells the clips so surely its just a case of lining them up and putting a new hole through it for the clip, has any1 got a pic of the s3 ones fitted? cheers
    Last edited by S3-Oski; 18th May 2009 at 18:57.
    2001, Ming Blue, Aluminium Mirrors, Revo!, Bose, Parking sensors, Sunroof,

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    They're cheap from the dealers and you can get fronts and back without having to buy them all together.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    They're cheap from the dealers and you can get fronts and back without having to buy them all together.

Oh cool thanks mate,might as well do that as like i say the other three are good and the back two look new no point in buying 4 allthough i would like to see a pic of the logo ones fitted cheers
    2001, Ming Blue, Aluminium Mirrors, Revo!, Bose, Parking sensors, Sunroof,

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    they aint cheap from my dealers roughly 70 for front and back or about half for each. I dont really consider that to cheap!!

Audi A3 1.8T | Ming Blue | Tan Leather | Aero Wipers | Neeeeed $$$$$$$

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kaizokuninja View Post
    they aint cheap from my dealers roughly 70 for front and back or about half for each. I dont really consider that to cheap!!

So 35 for the fronts?, thats not bad at all for OEM mats. I'm sure when I asked about new ones for my A3 they were about 20 (fronts)
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    do the OEM mats have the embroided S3 emblem.

Does anyone have the embroided ones, if so could you put some pics up and also if possible a pic of the bottom of the mat. My mates missus has one of those fancy sewing machines she hooks up to a computer, thought i might be able to it myself. not sure how thick they are or whats on the bottom.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kitpayne View Post
    do the OEM mats have the embroided S3 emblem.

Does anyone have the embroided ones, if so could you put some pics up and also if possible a pic of the bottom of the mat. My mates missus has one of those fancy sewing machines she hooks up to a computer, thought i might be able to it myself. not sure how thick they are or whats on the bottom.
    No OEM ones do not have the logo on.

I wouldn't bother but its up to you,I feel its wrong to trample all over the logo plus it shows up dirt a lot...plus the car has enough S3 logos on it

1st Gear

Status
    fair point!!!

1st Gear

Status
    i asked the dealers a couple of months back for two front mats for my S3, if i remember right the price was about 46 +vat. I just make sure i've got clean feet at the moment !!

1st Gear

Status
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-1996-2...ht_2486wt_1165

has anyone brought these ones?
    are they any good or just cheap tat?