views on 16'' wheels on S3

AudiS3Quattro

Reaction score
Hey, I really like the porsche d90 16'' alloys wheels, however they are only 16''.

what are peoples views on running this size wheel on the s3? would it upset the car handling much? and would it look wierd in the arch?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/porsche d90/rocco-jocco/PorscheD90s001.jpg

EDIT: Obviously i would lower the car on coilovers to make it look as good as possible to give that euro look.

thanks

Paddy

S3 n 16's would look :puke2:, just wouldnt sit right.

Id be suprised if 16's fitted over the brakes. Plus it would look poop and they will probably be too narrow so the grip would suffer.

Id be suprised if 16's fitted over the brakes. Plus it would look poop and they will probably be too narrow so the grip would suffer.

Aaaaaa very good point never thought of that.

I dont think i am going to do it, just thought if some one had done it before and it worked, performance wise, and styling wise, then i would have considerd it!

Will they fit over the brakes???

D90s are cool wheels but not good on anything bigger than a polo, caddy or Mk 1 golf I'm afraid.

Too small for an S3.

Yes 16's will just about clear the standard brakes, if BIG brakes, no chance!, I had to run my S3 on Mk4 Golf 4Motion 7 spoke 16s(Before I had Brembo's) when getting my rims refurbed. I have since purchased a set of 17" Avus rims as back up!

cool, thanks guys, i think everyone is on the same page here, cool wheels, but would look sh!!!!!tttteee. lol

Thanks for the help though everyone, opinions much appriciated!

paddy

shame could have looked cool, need them in 17's with staggered rears imo would look the nuts

As Jason said, having seen then on a SLAMMED mk4, they're just not big enough, and look stupid.