which silver discs of steel?

alicheung

Reaction score
Aye Aye folks

My cars going into the garage on monday for a service 64K (not Audi) their gonna do the timing belt (£150) tensioner and water pump and also take a look at the brakes which do a lot of shuddering under moderate braking with the steering going a wee bit rattley and loose, I suspect the discs and pads are likely to be changed so do you good folks think i should get them replaced with standard ones or pay a tad extra for better? if so which ones and how much xtra are they gonna sting me bearing in mind ive just moved house and living a monk like existence.

I got some Brembo discs from GSF car parts for £70 (both inc VAT) and some Mintex pads.........total came to £100.

Much less brake dust too!

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
I got some Brembo discs from GSF car parts for £70 (both inc VAT) and some Mintex pads.........total came to £100.

[/ QUOTE ]

that 2 discs and pads to match for £100!! U got the phone number?

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi S3 Mike,

Can you post exactly which parts you ordered as I would be very interested in those new pads and discs, think mine are going to need changing soon, did you just do the front or both?

like the sound of less break dust too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Cheers,

ben.