New S3 owner

stugolf

Reaction score
Hi peeps, juts got myself an S3! very impressed its a black 1999 "V" plate so one of the first its done 69k miles is there anything I should be aware of, or watch out for? cheers stu

Congrats and snap !

Black 99 plate, only problem I had was with the fuel gauges being faulty, and ran out of fuel.

Have a search through the archives for lots of good info.

I've got a silver V plate S3 now with 57K on it.
I've had no problems as yet except for a little rust spot on the drivers door (just above the plastic strip/trim) I took it back to Audi, they put it on the UK register (as it was originally imported) and then they replaced the door skin under warranty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Only advice i can offer is "Get it chipped"

Nice one, HSMSY is yours chipped mate? which one did you use? is the performance really good? does it have much long term damage?

Mine was already done so don't know which one it was that he had fitted cos at the time of buying i didn't know too much about the different types myself.
If you do a search on "chip" on this forum i reckon you will find loads of details on it and i can't remember anyone being against it. it gives massive accelaration gains and a grin factor to match

[ QUOTE ]
H3MSY said:
Mine was already done so don't know which one it was that he had fitted cos at the time of buying i didn't know too much about the different types myself.
If you do a search on "chip" on this forum i reckon you will find loads of details on it and i can't remember anyone being against it. it gives massive accelaration gains and a grin factor to match

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, totally agree with you, difference is like day and night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
stugolf said:
Cheers for the advice thinking of getting an APR chip on the car from Awesome Gti, also it has 19" RS4 alloys will this serously affect acceleration? cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

19" alloys most certainly effects acceleration, but the chip will cure it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

personally i would wait a bit to get it chipped, then when you do it would be like havin a new car again!? thats what im going to do but obviously its your choice, but i just like the power as it is for now. its probably as i know im going to have the car a long time, it will give me something to look forward to. anyway enjoy your motor! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cheers tony

Cheers S3Tony! yeah they are pretty powerful but I have a sister with a Civic Type-R so may need to get it chipped to see her off!