Euro S3

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
After months of waiting for parts bodyshop vistis and fitting parts my Euro s3 is now complete,
i have never done a euro style car before but always loved them so this was something new to me, i first freshened up the look of the dated pre facelift look, i put on a set of bosch aero twin wiper blades all round and a pair of facelift rear tail lights then it was a trip to the body shop to get the door lower trim and the bumper inserts painted a light grey colour very similar to the colour they come out the factory but with a shiney laqured finish not the dull plastic effect.
Once i had the basics sorted it was time to change the wheels so the hunt begun to find an upgrade from the bbs lm reps i had, i wanted to change these as everyone seems to be getting them now a days and mine had corroeded on the rim, i found the ones i wanted there ronal r50's so ordered up a set i had always loved the r10's ever since my renault 5 days so there was no way i was not going to get the r50's this time around.
Next up was the suspension as i had to get it on its ar55e to get the euro look so only choice i had was to opt for coilovers i decided on the AP set up which im now very pleased with as the quality of the kit is excellent and the drive is like being on uprated shocks and springs and not the crashy coilovers i was expecting it to ride like, only problem i had then was that the rear camber was in -3.5 degres which is way to much and it looked stupid, so i got myself some forge adjustable tie arms, then i was able to set up the whole geometry.
i went for this set up:

front camber; -1.5 degres as much as i could get
front toe; 1 min out
rear camber; -2 degres as i needed it to not rub and because the forge arms would'nt adjust much more
rear toe; 0 parallel

i already had h+r arb's so now the handling is something else its just glued to the road i can boot it just after the apex and get the back end to slide out at the end of the corner its great fun,

any way pics

ronalwheels009.jpg

ronalwheels001.jpg

ronalwheels004.jpg

ronalwheels006.jpg

ronalwheels003.jpg

That is rather facking awesome. I don't care about the Euro look or scene, I just love the look of that car.

Edit - how much is it lowered by??

was thinking of buying those ap coilys myself as they are on awsome gti for under £400 but was a little worrried because i didnt want a crashy ride, now i think youve just convinced me :drool:
nice ride mate, like the rims:thumbsup:

was thinking of buying those ap coilys myself as they are on awsome gti for under £400 but was a little worrried because i didnt want a crashy ride, now i think youve just convinced me :drool:
nice ride mate, like the rims:thumbsup:
yeah you definantly wont be disapointed with them they really are awsome

That is rather facking awesome. I don't care about the Euro look or scene, I just love the look of that car.

Edit - how much is it lowered by??
im not entierly sure how much its lowered as i had h+r spings before, the kit is supposed to lower the car upto 50mm allround but think you could go lower on the front but that would be stupid, id guess the fronts about 35mm lower possibly 40mm at the very most the rears i removed all the adjusters and everything else stopping it going any lower and id guess the backs about 60-65mm lower

Wow, that really is low then. The reason I asked is because the back of yours isnt much lower than mine, and mine is only on springs (which must mean the suspension is completed shagged and would account for the atrocious ride).

Anyway, awesome motor mate.

Wow, that really is low then. The reason I asked is because the back of yours isnt much lower than mine, and mine is only on springs (which must mean the suspension is completed shagged and would account for the atrocious ride).

Anyway, awesome motor mate.
the rear tyres sit around 3-5mm inside the arch so its fairly low your springs must be absolotly shot is its this low

well done you, very impressive...I don't like it, but I know nothing.

Looks good, any more plans to make it abit more euro look? any smoothing planned?

:sorry: sorry i dont like the rims... however i do like everything else :icon_thumright:

Ad

Nice job...Love euro scene.
I was going to buy the witec coilovers for another £100 but then i was going to buy AP coilovers and expect a crapy ride but after hearing this i may go for the AP's now....
Well done. :) :)

good job Kev...again not my taste but im sure you'll be happy with it....

awesome dude always loved the euro scene since having my mk2 golf, awesome choice of rims and youv got the height spot on.
looks the muts nuts:beerchug:

Looks good, any more plans to make it abit more euro look? any smoothing planned?
any sugestions???
id like to get some facelift headlights but its near on imposible to find s3 ones at a resonable price, whats your thoughts on the roof being grey like the trims???

Lose the rear Audi badge, and go full black for the front grill and surround, or maybe even debadged grill for the full Euro look.
Smoke tint the windows also would look good too.
yeah removing the rear badge would look good actually how about doing the grill surround and rings grey instead of black think id prefer that??
not sure about the windows though would like titnted windows as i had them on my previous car and loved it just not sure about it against the yellow, bit bumble bee

Ive got tinted windows, can show you a pic if your interested to see what it looks like.

id just black out the surround as black surround on yellow S3 looks awesome IMO, then i would get myself a set of facelifts and dechrome the insides, painting either yellow or black....

id forget the grey, look bob i think

does anyone no if the front grill surround and rings come away from the plastic or do most people mask it up when painting it?

like the wheels and stance
if you want the euro look,it needs de badged,colour coded mirrors/rear bumper/trims etc,aero wipers,bump strips removed/smoothed,rear plinth,bonnet bra etc etc
the euro look has been done to death to be honest and is a bit to scene,so would leave it how it was imho
nice job:thumbsup:

if you want the euro look,it needs de badged,colour coded mirrors/rear bumper/trims etc,aero wipers,bump strips removed/smoothed,rear plinth,bonnet bra etc etc
the euro look has been done to death to be honest

without sounding rude SHOW A FEW EXAMPLES IF ITS BEEN DONE TO DEATH and don't include markb's S3

Mark
I don't think Jay is,immaterial anyway as why the firk post it here as we know golfs have been "done to death" in Jays words...I like the euro look.

does anyone no if the front grill surround and rings come away from the plastic or do most people mask it up when painting it?

i believe they do from another post mate but be careful,,, i have just painted my grill surround looks good ;)

Ad:iagree:

Looks absolutely stunning mate...nice choice of wheels.

Got some questions:

Are the camber really only -2.0 (looks a lot less) and what width and offset are those lovely rims?