Quattro Issues with certain wheels?

Alz

Reaction score
hey guys, looking at some nice shiney new BBS CH 19" alloys in black! but i just wondered if anyone had any idea's about tyres as the set i want to order come with just crappy tyres and will cost like an extra £110 quid for toyo proxys and with a tag of £1800 quid i dont wanna get it wrong!

a friend also said that the tyre widths really matter because if they are wrong it can mess up the Quattro apparently and already having replaced the clutch in mine i don't wanna have to go dishin out for 4x4 fix's!

any info will help... again the wheels are BBS CH 19" x 8.5"

Cheers Alz

id definantly upgrade to toyo tyres there excellent tyres imo and worth £100 over rubbish any day, as for the size it will only effect the quattro system if you were to have diffent size profiles from front to rear, id expect the tyres to be something like 235/35/19 on that set up which is fine

I have 19 inch sportecs and they are fitted with 235/35 . I had toyos on but they looked stretched fitted avon zz3`s since and these sit nice and square on the wheel. Both were 235 / 35

From past experience, I've noticed Toyo and Falken tyres seem to be a bit narrow and are the best tyres to use for the stretched look and clearing wheel arches for heavily lowered cars, I was running 265/30R19 Falkens on the rear of my Passat and it didn't catch!
With regards to the S3, so long as the the tyres and wheels are the exact same size all round, I see no problems with them effectind the 4WD system, as the Haldex has a 2%(might be 5%, not 100% sure) rotational difference allowance built in to allow for tyre wear.