Is there still a problem with my s3

peakey

Reaction score
Ok had my car re mapped last week and it feels faster

Friend of mine has a 120d bmw. And still i struggle to keep up with him

What else could be wrong with the car or are 120d very fast

Have you done any logging on your car to see if there is a problem? Who remapped your car? Did they do any sort of diagnostic work before and after the remap? Is your mate's beemer remapped?

standard 120d is not fast enough to keep up with even a standard S3. They have lots of torque, but S3 is still in a different league.

Sounds like something is wrong. You should be able to happily pull away from a 120d in a mapped S3!! Unless his is mapped too or he is flooring it long before you do?

Have you changed the DV? Usally makes quite a differance....Could be a boost leak somewere. Vagcom is your best bet, Theres a section somewere were people offer there vagcom and help you out if there in your area.

Nope not yet i was told to change the bailey one for a forge one thats the next thing then

Nope not yet i was told to change the bailey one for a forge one thats the next thing then

Try using high octane fuel like Vpower or Optimax and then going back and ask them to map it again wast youre using high optane fuel....Also go for the 007P DV dont buy the Splitt-R. I have one and its a watse of time.

vag it, unplug the maf and take for a spin and see if it feels quicker..... remove the DV and test it yourself placing your thumb on the top opening whilst pressing the piston in, if the piston when released does not invoke pressure on the thumb holding the top hole...then its knackered... these are all things you can do for free as well as a thorough pipe check which will most likely be the issue id guess......

after all that thn go buying parts unless you enjoy spending

and as for the 120D...his being mapped or not you just have no problem at all taking that