CV boot leaking

noelg100

Reaction score
Hi All,

My MOT just advised that my O/S/F inner cv boot was leaking grease. They said it could be a bit of a pig to fix so was wondering what the likely cost was? I guess it is mainly just labour.

I'll call my local Audi garage to get an idea of cost but this isn't something I'd be looking for Audi to do :)

The car is a 2001 S3.

Cheers,
Adam

Hi Adam,

I've just checked my paperwork and I was charged £97.50 to have both the inner and outer NSF CV gaitors changed. That was £57.50 of labour (an hour) and £40 worth of parts.

HTH,
Andy

the part is about £20 from audi you get boot, grease, clips and new bolt. No more than a ! hr job to do. You do need the right tool to tighten up the clamp.

Thanks for the updates :)

So it doesn't look like too big a job with about an hours labour and inexpensive parts.

Is it worth having the inner and outer done? I assume there is an inner and outer on the other side? I guess as the MOT said that only the inner was leaking I should only really look at fixing this. Is there any benefit of replacing the others or is it just a case of fixing what looks to be broken and leave the rest.

The help is really appreciated.

ah just reread its the inner , I did the outer one on mine but had to do the cv joint eventually. Think it had got contaminated as it split bad :(