Volks AutosEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by james0808 View Post
    A higher peak torque figure does not mean a faster car.
    This has a vtec with less torque than an S3 but is silly quick.
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...om-300/228546/
    Obviously. Might aswell be a bike.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

2. # ADS
    ADS

They called him mellow yellow.

Status
    Just to add to this, I've only had my S3 for about 3 weeks now having sold my 05 Civic TypeR, There is no point comparing my TypeR to my 01 210 S3, In a race on dry straight roads the civic would have the S3 every day without doubt, If it was wet the lack of grip in the civic would let the S3 make such a gap on take off that the civic would never catch.
    So far I've not got to know the S3 enough to make judgment on the corners but the Civic was very good round the bends with lift off oversteer thats very easy to control.
    The Civic really brings out the race driver in you where the S3 just dosn't, 2 great cars but a very differant driving experiance alltogether.

PS, My S3 was bought to be tuned so I can exept the The Civic being better as standard.

Ewan

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    thanks for the insight biggied..... would agree with all the handling characteristics as heard a hell of a lot about the type R's, as for straight line, if you have a perfect running standard S3 then i think you will pretty much be neck and neck...no way would the civic tear a standard S3 to pieces.... i can guarantee you this both through experiance (there are a few local)and by using the tinterweb for 1/4 mile times and factory figs....

welcome btw
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

6th Gear

Status
    I'd agree with biggied on this one...my remapped A3 would keep with standard S3 on the straight...been tested. I did come across a ctr in my A3 and couldn't keep with it...
    revo'd

S3 Drift King!

Status
    http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=42654

Best to watch with sound on!

And just FYI, the White EP3 CTR has 225PS and LSD.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    i still dont think the CTR would wipe the floor with a standard S3, simple as.... dont forget the S3 isnt a simple car to drive either....most people assume you have to rev the crap out of it to get the best performance and they couldnt be more wrong.... hence why it will have taken most S3 owners a good few days/weeks to actually learn to drive it (talkin strsaight line stuff here). Also dont think a mapped A3 would beat a standard S3 if it was being driven properly, your telling me a map on an A3 takes it from a 8.2 0-60 to the late 6's with just a map.... never on this planet

S3

Status
    I know quoting figures and stats isn't always reliable, but it gives a good indication.

0-60 for the 210bhp S3 and the later (2004 onwards) EP3 CTR are both approx 6.6 seconds (pre 2004 CTR is 6.9 seconds). The 0-100 figures are approx 18 seconds for the S3 and 16.5 for the CTR.
    Audi S3

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    im sure the S3 is quicker than that 0-100.... that said from a standing start the turbo wont be as effective at the top end so thats probably accurate

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    i still dont think the CTR would wipe the floor with a standard S3, simple as.... dont forget the S3 isnt a simple car to drive either....most people assume you have to rev the crap out of it to get the best performance and they couldnt be more wrong.... hence why it will have taken most S3 owners a good few days/weeks to actually learn to drive it (talkin strsaight line stuff here). Also dont think a mapped A3 would beat a standard S3 if it was being driven properly, your telling me a map on an A3 takes it from a 8.2 0-60 to the late 6's with just a map.... never on this planet
    Animal, I know the remapped A3 wouldn't be as quick as a standard S3 off the line cause of traction, once rolling though they'd be nothing in it...my experience in both circumstances was rolling in second gear...don't under estimate the civic, it's an awesome motor in the dry...
    Last edited by Essflee; 17th May 2009 at 15:23.
    revo'd

jabba mapped

Status
    yes i agree that the civic is on par with an s3 in the dry standing start but ive raced one from 2nd onwards and i just pull away as soon as the turbo kicks in while they are waiting for the v-tec to kick in then by that time that cant make the gap up. but i must say it is hard to keep with them off pull of as we have all those transmission losses

S3 Drift King!

Status
    0-100 in 210 S3 is 16.4

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    well the stats speak for themselves....theres hardly anything in it at all.... we have tranny losses they have wheel spin..... swings and roundabouts, point being that a standard S3 would not get hammered by a CTR

6th Gear

Status
    well the stats speak for themselves....theres hardly anything in it at all.... we have tranny losses they have wheel spin..... swings and roundabouts, point being that a standard S3 would not get hammered by a CTR
    I don't know if anyone said it would get hammered...I believe in standard form the civic would have the edge in a straight line and be quicker round a track...
    revo'd

6th Gear

Status
    Dry track that is...
    revo'd

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    na i think straight line will be neck and neck...best driver etc.... figures suggest that and thats my experiance too

dry track would go CTR without doubt in the right hands

6th Gear

Status
    Wonder which one is quicker from around 30mph?

6th Gear

Status
    thatl be interesting....
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggied View Post
    Just to add to this, I've only had my S3 for about 3 weeks now having sold my 05 Civic TypeR, There is no point comparing my TypeR to my 01 210 S3, In a race on dry straight roads the civic would have the S3 every day without doubt, If it was wet the lack of grip in the civic would let the S3 make such a gap on take off that the civic would never catch.
    So far I've not got to know the S3 enough to make judgment on the corners but the Civic was very good round the bends with lift off oversteer thats very easy to control.
    The Civic really brings out the race driver in you where the S3 just dosn't, 2 great cars but a very differant driving experiance alltogether.

PS, My S3 was bought to be tuned so I can exept the The Civic being better as standard.

Ewan
    Hmm... The CTR is more racey and adjustable i agree, plus a joy to rev with the best gear change and brakes, but not quite as grippy. In the wet it was pretty skittish and terrible at making progress. As for straight line speed, i don't think there is much in it at all. Ignore 0-60 times as they are pointless without frying clutches and snapping gear levers. There really wasn't much difference between my S3 (when it was std) to my previous CTR and my mates 2007 one

A-B, the traction and low down torque make it far easier to push on

I don't think the S3 is as chuckable though in std form
    Last edited by ianysm; 20th May 2009 at 14:36.
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com

Maz
    Moon is made of green cheese

Status
    Just thought I'd add my 2p to this. Minding my own business at the wknd a yellow S2000 with Mecano spoiler and twin 5" pipes blasts past me on the inside lane and stops at the lights up ahead. I pull up next to him look over, cant see f-all as the windows are tinted but they came down a touch to reveal a rather large spliff... Some revving of the vtec follows and the lights go green, Never one to miss up on a challenge I floored it, 1st gear was pretty close (just edging it) but once I changed up it was time for bed for that sillly billy.

I thought they were supposed to be quick, not quick enough to beat a sorted S3 though!

Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]

6th Gear

Status
    good lad maz
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    2-0 to the s3 so far
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

6th Gear

Status

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    certainly does..... reality is we are never going to know as both cars are that old now.... a scalps a scalp.... no way was that a remapped fully working S3 though, this i know for certain

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!

Status
    Maz mentioned Mecano spoiler...... Like what on earth are people thinking when they put them on. I don't care how stoned or Chav'ed up or even skint people are..... there is no excuse, I repeat, NO EXCUSE for them!

I feel strongly about them as you can see

Seriously tho, why would anybody put one on, they disgust me. If I ever meet anyone with one of them.... I turn my back on them (Naboo Style!).
    Last edited by bl_1969; 20th May 2009 at 21:55.

Car: A3 1.8T QS (ARY)
    Mods: Revo Stage 2, Milltek, K&N, Forge 007p, B8's & Eibach Springs, 312MM OEM Brakes, BBS LM's, Light Pack, Ally TT Pedals, New Audi Gear Knob, Int LED's
    Wish List: ARB's, FMIC, Hose's, Maybe A Clean Engine Bay and Free Petrol

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bl_1969 View Post
    Maz mentioned Mecano spoiler...... Like what on earth are people thinking when they put them on. I don't care how stoned or Chav'ed up or even skint people are..... there is no excuse, I repeat, NO EXCUSE for them!

I feel strongly about them as you can see

Seriously tho, why would anybody put one on, they disgust me. If I ever meet anyone with one of them.... I turn my back on them (Naboo Style!).

Got to love the Meccano Spoiler description, they are called GT Spoilers, and are a common mod amongst Jap machinery, as every Drift car seems to have them. Stick one of those on your car, and everyone would assume you are a Drift King!

6th Gear

Status
    certainly does..... reality is we are never going to know as both cars are that old now.... a scalps a scalp.... no way was that a remapped fully working S3 though, this i know for certain
    Just read some of the comments and both cars are standard,so a remapped S3 would be quicker in a straight line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12