Steering Wheel hangs slightly to the right

ghost.s3

Reaction score
I know this really shouldn't bother me, but it does. My steering wheel hangs ever so slightly to the right when I'm going absolutely straight. And if I position it so that it's centered, the car goes slightly left. Does anyone else have this issue? Or is it a wheel balance / alignment issue?

get your wheels aligned and make sure they lock the wheel in the centre position

By other halfs TT does this and it bugs the hell out of me. I keep telling her to take it in and get sorted but she never does......grrrr.

Real pet hate of mine!.

I have this issue i have had all my wheels alligned and balanced still same problem! its since i got it lowered but i have bigger issues with the engine blowing up so dont really care about it at the moment as driving it but advice would help

I have this issue i have had all my wheels alligned and balanced still same problem! its since i got it lowered but i have bigger issues with the engine blowing up so dont really care about it at the moment as driving it but advice would help

If I'd had the wheels aligned then I'd be popping the steering wheel off and moving it round a spline or so.

If I'd had the wheels aligned then I'd be popping the steering wheel off and moving it round a spline or so.
yeah just thought of this, it would have to be more than half a spline's degrees out though (IYKWIM) to improve the situation

edit to say: But this might have an effect on the steering angle sensor's readings (although it would probably be a negligable effect)

I wouldn't recommend adjusting the steering wheel as you're not solving the root cause of the problem. Best bet is sto get your wheels balanced and aligned by a pro, its surprising how many companies do it wrong/badly.