thinking of getting a s3

ali1710

Reaction score
as above thinking of buying a 2000 w reg s3,

currently have an evo 6 but want a more economical car,

what kind of mods and prices would see a 210bhp upto around 280bhp?

thanks

remap brings you to approx 260bhp, what is the Evo like to live with?

How often do they have to be serviced, clutch changed etc?

Revo.....or another remap will surfice. That will give you the instant increase in power. Other small mods will see 1-2bhp/torque increases.

as above thinking of buying a 2000 w reg s3,

currently have an evo 6 but want a more economical car,

what kind of mods and prices would see a 210bhp upto around 280bhp?

thanks
Hi Ali, first of all, :sign_welcome: to the Forum!

Now to answer your question... I would seriously consider test driving an S3, preferably with remapped power before parting with your Evo6. The power delivery in a remapped S3 is stilll nowhere near Evo6 territory, then there's the handling, you need to spend a bit on the suspension side to get an S3 to handle also. I'm not saying an S3 is a bad car of course, it's a nice machine and a great all rounder, but it's not an Evo replacement, unless refinement and fuel economy(Which you have mentioned) is on top of your priorities.

:iagree:

Only person I am aware of that got 280bhp from an S3 on a std K04 was Ess_Three...

Basically, Bilstein B8's + H&R 25mm springs (Anti roll bars too if you have the budget) will sort the handling. Hybrid K04 and stage 1 or 2 map to get your 280bhp then prolly best to look at the brakes while you are at it, DS2500's plus Black Diamond discs are the cheap option, Brembo kit for teh win..

Loads of stuff here available through search and especially the stickies..

Welcome to the forum btw :)

<tuffty/>

the evo is good,but just fancy a smooth car for a while ,have to service the evo every 4500miles.just want a nice smooth quick cra till i can save for a white evo 9,plus only egt 150 to a tank to my 6.

looked at a s3 before and like them and 260bhp would be fine for what i need a car for

thanks for the replys