CONCERT ll HEAD UNIT IN S3

S3 IRL

Reaction score
To make a long story longer, two years ago i had a imola yellow S3 which i loved. I liked the idea of a cd head unit but didnt want to loose the bose or rear stack so i bought a concert ll head unit from a TT as i tought if it worked in TT it would work in an S3, when I fitted it to the S3 it worked but not as it should, it did not come on or go off with the key, also the illimation on the buttons and controls did not work when the side lights were switched on. I removed it from the car and put it away. Shortly after I sold The car. Recently I have bought an other S3 an want to give the concert ll another go. Can anyone here tell me if this unit can be made work in an S3 :uhm:

Sounds like it will be a canbus issue. I'm guessing both your cars have been pre-2001 S3s, and the Concert came from a newer TT?

The later ~2001-2003 A3/S3/TT & Concert units use canbus for switch-on and illumination.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=63066

has all the info you will need...

Cheers,

I have a Concert II in my -99. Don't have a can-bus simulator yet, but you can get one for about 35€ shipped from ebay.de.
Mine wasn't the 8B0 model, so the front panel did not fit straight as it was way bigger than the Concert I, so i had to use a knife on it. Took maybe 15 minutes, was very easy and you could never tell if it was already there from the factory.
I can take a picture of how it sits if you want.

Thanks for the info. Mine fits straight in, Like a glove. The wiring side of things is where I have the problem. Never heard of a can bus simulator, how does this work?

Just been on ebay.de. Which can-bus simulator to go for? they are ranging in price from 27 euro to over 100 euro. Are they all the same or are the more expensive ones better?

Just been on ebay.de. Which can-bus simulator to go for? they are ranging in price from 27 euro to over 100 euro. Are they all the same or are the more expensive ones better?

Looking at the one that costs 25 euros, he has only gotten positive feedback for it, so atleast i would go for that one.

Funny that. This sounds like one of the proplems i have on my 2003 S3. I have to use the button to turn it on and off and having the key in the ignition makes no differance, and also my lights dont come on when the sidelights are put on. Thought it was how they were mde because i bought mine like it from a dealer.

Well i orderd a can-bus simulator off ebay.de today for 27euro + postage 18euro to rep of ireland so I imagine postage will be the same for the uk. Cheap fix taking in to account I all ready have the head unit.