what chip/re-map??!!

doidgy

Reaction score
ive just ordered my new wheels, piper-cross induction kit and lowering springs so well on my way now. my next part of the project is to get my a3 re-mapped but want to see what chip is best and who to go to. its a 1999 a3 1.8T and wanna make it move! HELP!! also thinking of exhaust so any input on this would be greatly appreciated

ive just ordered my new wheels, piper-cross induction kit and lowering springs so well on my way now. my next part of the project is to get my a3 re-mapped but want to see what chip is best and who to go to. its a 1999 a3 1.8T and wanna make it move! HELP!! also thinking of exhaust so any input on this would be greatly appreciated

What Pipercross kit did you get?, if its just a cone filter then sack it off. I had one on mine and the car felt really down on power. The best solution for the A3 1.8T is the standard airbox with a green cotton panel filter in it. The standard airbox sucks in nice cool air from outside the engine bay, the cone filters just suck up hot air from within the engine bay (cold air...more dense, better performance).

As for remaps Custom Code are well regarded. Mines going into Chipped UK on the 30th of May as Chip n Spin are doing an offer there. £250 with before and afters on the dyno. Should be getting 45bhp and 70nm afterwards. I'll let you know how it goes, or failing that have a look at the thread in Chip n Spins section on here and get yourself booked in (its happening in Bromsgrove).

With regards to an exhaust you could go for a Miltek. When I have the pennies in a couple of months I'll be going for one of those (un resonated). There are loads of other systems out there, do you want a full system or just a cat back one?. There's the option of custom built ones too, not as expensive as you may think so might be worth having a look for a local exhaust fabrication place and giving them a call.

What wheels and springs have you opted for?. If you have the cash get yourself some thicker anti-roll bars. I have KW front and rears on mine and its perfect now :)

T

Sounds like your a man on a mission with modifying your A3

Im sure that i can help you along :whistle2:

At the moment we are currently running a offer on the Custom-Code Phase,Green Cotton Filter as well as Forge 007P DV,all three can be done for £325 inc VAT (Non-DBW) or £350 inc VAT (DBW)

The Custom-Code Phase 1 will give you gains upto approx,

190-200bhp and 220-230 ft/lb torque (Non-DBW)
205-210bhp and 230-235ft/lb torque (DBW)

The exhaust system can also be supplied by us,

Milltek Turbo back system : £767 inc VAT fitted
Cat-back (resonated) : £358 inc VAT fitted

Hope the above helps

Leigh

There are alot of good remappers out there mate, depends where abouts in the country you are?

Revo...all the way baby ;) neck breaking stuff for sure

Smooth power delivery is the key to decent software,the K03 doesnt have enough at the top end if you deliver a huge spike in the lower RPM's - makes it feel quick off the mark but lacking top end.

The Custom-Code software is smooth so you get that push off the line but can keep it going up until the redline,gives a better driving feel.

Leigh

As voorhees says... Revo all the way :jester:

I actually have an issue with my car (on another thread) at the moment but apart from that, I love the Revo.

My Revo Stage 2 keeps on delivering right up the rev range, I was flabbergasted when I got it.

But whatever you choose, I reckon you will not be disappointed :o.k:

Im going for my Stage 2 at the end of this month hopefully, Im not going to get too exited because i dont want to expect more then i get but should definately make some differance :) :)
But i have looked around and im defo going with Revo!

Nice one Hodge!

When it's done be sure to give us your thoughts on the stage 2:yahoo:

Nice one Hodge!

When it's done be sure to give us your thoughts on the stage 2:yahoo:

Well ive had my 5 hour Revo trail and thats 80% of the power in stage 1 and i killed an R32 and some nob in a Porsche boxter which made me very happy :p lol. I think theres only a 7HP differance if you do stage 2 but every little helps :)
Cant wait.

What you want to do is, find a rolling road close to you and invite Revo, Custom Code, etc for a pistols at dawn style shoot out and the winner takes your money. Then you can post your results and we can put it to bed.:)

What you want to do is, find a rolling road close to you and invite Revo, Custom Code, etc for a pistols at dawn style shoot out and the winner takes your money. Then you can post your results and we can put it to bed.:)

The Revo dealer near me has a dyno but the trail is only 80% as its a teaser....:blownose:

I went for JBS's custom code deal. Very happy with it. I think maps are much of a muchness and you just need somewhere close and reputable.

They tend to highlight clutch, coil pack or spark plug problems though!!