1.8s to 1.8t

evilbow

Reaction score
Website
www.bonusbanter.com
i have a 1.8 8l audi is it poss to turbo this? dont really want to change cars but fancy the turbo version of my car how hard and what kinda parts would i need other than the turbo lol

it is but there's not much point, your engine has a higher compression ratio as its non turbo so you would be looking at changing pistons, possible rods, different inlet, turbo manifold, injectors ... the list goes on, much cheaper to buy a turbo'd car straight off.

you could drop a complete turbo engine, ecu wiring loom ect but still cheaper and easier to but it done.

Still the easiest way to get from 1.8 20v power to 1.8T power is just to change cars, if you don't want to swop cars for the upgrade, then I'd just live with N/A power, or you would be wasting £££'s for very little gains.

i'll admit it lol:no: :moa: i'm under the thumb!! on my 3rd car this year already, from a saab turbo to golf mk4 to audi a3 an promised her :wub: that i wont change cars again this year :laugh: but never said wouldnt pimp it:yahoo: but thanks for advice peoples looks like my best bet is to just do exhaust and wheels just now and january next year trade it in for a s3:s3addict::search:

i'll admit it lol:no: :moa: i'm under the thumb!! on my 3rd car this year already, from a saab turbo to golf mk4 to audi a3 an promised her :wub: that i wont change cars again this year :laugh: but never said wouldnt pimp it:yahoo: but thanks for advice peoples looks like my best bet is to just do exhaust and wheels just now and january next year trade it in for a s3:s3addict::search:

LOBloodyL! :laugh:, mate you won't regret upgrading to S3 when the time comes! Just make sure you get a Black one!! :blackrs4: