VAG Parts : ArmRest Problems

iancooney

Reaction score
Ordered up my armrest, and it arrived the other day. What i got was 1xArmrest, 1xLid, 1x Bracket, 1xNut and 2xSteel bolts.

So upon lifting up the rear of the centre console and cutting a hole, i am faced with a metal floor panel and a bracket that doesn't seem to fit properly. More so it appears i don't have the adequate quantity of nuts and bolts. The diagram on the VAG Parts website is for an A4, and the stuff i have found on this website for A3's shows a few bits and bobs that i don't seem to have.

Anyone bought an armrest from VAG Parts for an A3 then? And discovered the same problem. I was told this was a simple fitment i but i had a hunch something would go wrong. Last resort is get a stealers to fit it but i don't want to do that obviously!

Any good samaritans out there with some advice, i think a chap called Rick has done this recently?

Cheers lads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
IanC said:
Ordered up my armrest, and it arrived the other day. What i got was 1xArmrest, 1xLid, 1x Bracket, 1xNut and 2xSteel bolts.

So upon lifting up the rear of the centre console and cutting a hole, i am faced with a metal floor panel and a bracket that doesn't seem to fit properly. More so it appears i don't have the adequate quantity of nuts and bolts. The diagram on the VAG Parts website is for an A4, and the stuff i have found on this website for A3's shows a few bits and bobs that i don't seem to have.

Anyone bought an armrest from VAG Parts for an A3 then? And discovered the same problem. I was told this was a simple fitment i but i had a hunch something would go wrong. Last resort is get a stealers to fit it but i don't want to do that obviously!

Any good samaritans out there with some advice, i think a chap called Rick has done this recently?

Cheers lads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give them a call and tell them whats happened! They are a great company and will go far to please customers! Definately the best way to go. Speak to Martyn, hes a top bloke!

Rich

yeah spoke to alan but he just didn't really know what to say........it's real hard to explain over the phone. but he didn't seem to have much experience of A3's and fitting these.

once again, is 2 bolts and 1 nut sufficient? coz it looks to me as if it isn't.

it's very easy to fit, i ordered the vagparts armrest and installed it on my a3, i'll search the instructions on s3-passion and tell you the link, vagparts have an excelent service. The only problem i have is that the armrest is closer to the driver seat, not centered... maybe because of the hole i drilled... give me few minutes to find you the link.

Ok i found it http://perso.wanadoo.fr/k.sappa/mal.htm

[ QUOTE ]
IanC said: but he didn't seem to have much experience of A3's and fitting these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant really blaem him for not knowing...they do pretty much EVERY VAG part you could think of! Hopefully catfish's post has sorted you out!

Rich
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yeah cheers thats a website i hadn't seen before.

but just to check do you defo only require 2 bolts and a nut? coz for example when you look at that cream diagram with all the parts numbered, what are parts 12 & 20 coz i don't have them.

i didn't use 2 bolts that were supplied... my english is not perfect... however i think i know what you mean with the nut... There is a large nut supplied with vagparts armrest, which goes where one of the nuts of the handbrake is... so the nut that was already on the armrest you don't need it anymore because you only need the large one.

So.. i didn't use two bolts and the short nut of the armrest.