Aero Wipers

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a set of aero wipers. Was just looking at a retrofit set off the bay. Are these any good? If not where would be the best place to buy them.

Also I've seen that the rear arm and blade can be fitted on from the newer VWs. Is this an easy fit?

Cheers, Bhav

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FRONT-REAR-Aero-Flat-Wiper-Blades-Audi-A3-1996-2003_W0QQitemZ310139157132QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item310139157132&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

wiperblades.co.uk or something lik that supplied my retrofit ones.

Less than £20 delivered (quickly too)

They're spot on.

The Bosch ones look good. What does the arm fitting look like? Is it a mahoosive clip and cover? The pic doesn't show the older hook style fitting. Might be opting for them.

I've found this set for the rear, I'm assuming its off the Polo, is it a simple fit?

Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rear-AERO-Wiper-Arm-Blade-Audi-A3-Hatch-1996-2003_W0QQitemZ390048757083QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item390048757083&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

I bought Valeo ones, big massive clip which did not look so great but worst of all was the passenger side blade.... it never really fitted perfect on to the windscreen and the end of it lifted slightly like it was not fitting properly.

I reverted back to the normal ones. If anyone has any pics of the Bosch Aero ones could you post a pic.... please please please :respekt:

Cheers

i own a small shop (website down atm)

suppy own brand areo blades, for £13.00 inc.p&p
supply bosh areotwins for around £21.00 inc. p&p

Nice pics there. They look pretty sleek and the fixing doesn't look too big. Good job on the polishing too btw...I've got the Menz kit and rotary ready to be let loose on mine.

I've already put my order in for the aerotwins off the link Abdus put up. Sorry joshhatton. Could have ordered off you if hadn't already off the bay.

Cheers Abdus!

Will get a set tomorrow then I guess. Hope the are better than them Valeo ones!

Cheers Again
BL

I got mince from aceparts, got all 3 for about a tenner!!!

About a year ago and still using them

check their site out.

finally ordered some.. was in the rain the other day and my wipers were just useless lol..
thanks abdus for that link, was also concerned about the mounting clip, a friend has some mahoosive mounts on his evo.. they just look rediculous.

I did some google searching and the mounts are quite subtle on the bosch ones.. another company that does really nice aero's, and work well are called "fusion" a friend has them on his mk4 and they are like perfect. but cant find them anywhere.

Love the look of your white A3 shy. reckon if you had the wing mirrors in black it would set it off a treat! onsidered it?

Love the look of your white A3 shy. reckon if you had the wing mirrors in black it would set it off a treat! onsidered it?

Thanks bro.. people have said black wing mirrors and black roof, but i love looking through my tinted windows and seeing the white mirrors.. the little things ey lol..

got performance on the mind at the mo tho.. cosmetics have to wait..just changed the wipers cos they're ***** lol.. but thanks for the comment.

finnaly ordered some of these areo blades as well, every time theres a link about them i want some so i thought sod it. i ordered th bosch ones to front and rear as it is cheaper then doing the polo arm and blade

is there any way i can set up a group buy on aero blades? i can get own brand (non bosch) depending on how many people to fit 8ls's for as little as 9.50 a set

Try some 'Rain-X' on your windscreen as well, I've always used it and on motorways the rain just beads off without even using the wipers.

Will make the blades last longer as well.

Ellisium, have you got aero blades??

I have heard that having rain x on your windscreen with aeros, is a big no no due to excessive judder???

I have heard that having rain x on your windscreen with aeros, is a big no no due to excessive judder???

I have rain x and aero wipers and its smooth as anything.

Above 50mph you dont need wipers in the rain with rain x, its quality stuff.

T

I use a simular product to Rain X on the windows too.. its great.. at night past 50 mph no need for the wipers, just beads off.. tried it in the day and you still get a watery residue so it doesnt work. but id recommend it to anyone.

I've always wondered about a product for the windows in terms of beading water off the windscreen. I drive on a dual carriageway daily so this would be useful. Deffo going to look into buying some. Cheers, Whats the best way to apply the stuff?

Well the stuff I use is like polish/wax... on with an applicator, off with a terry/microfibre...

Just for reference.. Merr polish.. can use it on absolutley everything/anything, leaves a nice glossy shine.. i use it for tyres, plastic trim and windows mainly.

RainX- Pop in to halfrauds and im sure it will say on the back of the bottle how to apply.

If its not the same as that^

No mate I don't but the Rain-X creates a 'hydrophobic' coating which also reduces the friction and should actually make the blades move more freely... or is this judder when they are not in use?

I've always wondered about a product for the windows in terms of beading water off the windscreen. I drive on a dual carriageway daily so this would be useful. Deffo going to look into buying some. Cheers, Whats the best way to apply the stuff?

As "Shy19s" said, it's much like polishing your car i.e. apply to cloth and wipe onto windscreen then after a few minutes just buff off.

Makes a noticeable difference :icon_thumright:

As "Shy19s" said, it's much like polishing your car i.e. apply to cloth and wipe onto windscreen then after a few minutes just buff off.

Makes a noticeable difference :icon_thumright:

It sure does, I do all the windows with it.

When winter comes around it makes getting the frost off a lot easier too. Wing mirror glass gets it too, they clear in no time at all (my right heated one isnt working which is a pain!).

leaves the glass looking REALLY clean to. Just clean them before applying it (inside and out)

T

I have used rain x previously, but was told that it wasnt a good idea to use with aeros, just didnt want the hassle as use the car on a daily. I normally wax the car and windows too except the front one, but it works brilliantly putting polish on the windows.

I might have to give the rain x on my windscreen next time i wash it.

I ordered a set of the Bosch Aerotwins and they arrived today. The attachments are a lot smaller than I expected. It rained on my way up the A6 and even at high speeds they were smooth and quiet. No judder or lift what so ever. I'd recommend 'em! Cheers for the link Abdus!

use of wiperblades.co.uk. I got some Bosch front Aero’s and they arrived very quickly for around £22.

They look good and work well. They are really easy to install, it took me all of a minute :)

does any one know what arms to get to get the mk5 golf or tt look aero wiper look
thay have arms that sit closer to the bonnet

Got mine today too bhavin.. i thought the mounts were bigger than the ones i saw on the net, but im happy with them.. its pouring down where i am and i was loving it lol.. wet... clean...wet...clean lol. 100% recommend aeros. the difference is stupidly good.

Found these on Ebay. Im guessing A3/S3 are the same fitment?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bosch-Aerotwin-Retrofit-Wiper-Blades-Audi-A3-96-03_W0QQitemZ160342041313QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item25552162e1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

does any one know what arms to get to get the mk5 golf or tt look aero wiper look
thay have arms that sit closer to the bonnet

i fitted the genuine arms and blades off a mk4 golf on front
touran arm and polo blade on the rear
they sit way lower.really neat looking

1J2 955 410 D (ARMS)
1J2 955 409 D

1J2 955 425 B (BLADES)
1J2 955 426 B

1J0 955 205 (END CAP x2)

Polo 9N Rear Areo too if your interested?

6Q6 955 707 C (ARM)

6Q6 955 435 B (BLADE)

7E0 955 425 (END CAP)

IMG_0095Medium-1.jpg

IMG_0094Medium.jpg

IMG_0096Medium.jpg

IMG_0097Medium.jpg

about 100euro for all genuine arms and blades iirc

yes mate they are the ones, if your intrested though , there price is just over 25 quid inc, post my shop can do the same for 22 posted

got a brand new set of Bosch aero twin wipers for £21 posted if anyones intrested,give me a PM