Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Just bought, A3 quattro

Hello all.
    picked her up today in love with her!

its done 88,000 runs very nice but i have a few amature questions as i know nothing about these cars.

on the trip computer its displaying SERVICE! so obviously it needs servicing, the guy i got it of was a mechanic so did all of the previous servicing himself but on the computer is showing that oil needs changing as do brake pads and somthing else i cant remember. do these come up red whenever a service is due or shall i get it sorted asap the brakes seem perfect and the oil is at he right level.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daveeeeee View Post
    Hello all.
    picked her up today in love with her!

its done 88,000 runs very nice but i have a few amature questions as i know nothing about these cars.

on the trip computer its displaying SERVICE! so obviously it needs servicing, the guy i got it of was a mechanic so did all of the previous servicing himself but on the computer is showing that oil needs changing as do brake pads and somthing else i cant remember. do these come up red whenever a service is due or shall i get it sorted asap the brakes seem perfect and the oil is at he right level.

Looks tidy, plus its the best colour too

as for the service light, if it HAS been serviced lately then have a look in the owners book and just reset the service light.

The brake pads might need changing, I know my car has pad sensors that set a light off when they need changing. Just have a look at them and see if there's any material left on the pads (should be able to check without taking the wheel off).

Looks good though!.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    make sure the cambelt has been done though bud otherwise you may have some problems....

Audi A3 1.8T | Ming Blue | Tan Leather | Aero Wipers | Neeeeed $$$$$$$

Reverse Gear

Status
    aye, the bloke said that the cam belt had been recently changed, but i'm going to check just to be on the safe side

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by daveeeeee View Post
    aye, the bloke said that the cam belt had been recently changed, but i'm going to check just to be on the safe side

Water pump should have been done at the same time too as they are prone to failing. The original ones can break up, the new replacment ones have a metal impellor instead of the stock plastic one.

So whats your plans for it then?
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

6th Gear

Status
    very nice car there mate.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

BBP

Status
    Nice, any plans for her?

17" BBS RS Reps, JOM Coilovers, TT ARB, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Aero wipers, LEDs all round, 6000K HIDs, Blacked out Grill & Rings, De-wipered,
    12" 1000w FliTrap Sub, Colour Coded Lowers & Skirts...