new member very impressed

Reaction score
hi every1 im a new owner of a s3 8l and lovin it had the car 3 weeks and after owning rs turbo's and gti6's and the last **** mobile proton satria gti im very impressed with this motor.
ive already bought and fitted a forge split r dv (think its set correctly get a little leaking boost bout 2-3 secs then woosh shes off) tryed a cone filter and wat a mistake came straight off going to order a panel filter anybody know which to go for.
im also certain the cars been remapped (chipped) cause i get pinned in my seat through every gear change and 130 - 140 comes very easily:undwech:.
does any1 else get the almost look of amazment from most lookers:sign_omg: im 26 but look at me in s3 as if they r sayin how the hell you afford that ha ha ha i love it much better than the boy racer appel i had for years gettin proper respect in a proper motor lol :thumbsup:

Alright mate, and welcome. I'm a fairly new S3 owner myself.

From a Proton to an S3, I'm not surprised it feels quick!

I'd use to own a few GTi6s myself, were you on the forum?

And, I'd cutback on the old text speak, makes you look/sound like a bit of gimp!

thanks for the advice never been on a forum before and i dont want to sound like a gimp (chav) cheers
what should i be lookin out for with the s3
passenger headlight seems to be yellow,drivers side bluey ???? any ideas

welcome to the forum. The majority of people seem togo with green cotton for the panel filter

K&N panels also popular but not required, standard filter is more than capable of handling mapped power, i got bored yesterday and grinded the inside of my airbox smooth out of boredom.... seems a popular mod but havent noticed a great deal... remember a couple of extra drain holes...

welcome to the forum by the way....supposed to be quite quick those lotus tuned protons werent they?

K&N panels also popular but not required, standard filter is more than capable of handling mapped power, i got bored yesterday and grinded the inside of my airbox smooth out of boredom.... seems a popular mod but havent noticed a great deal... remember a couple of extra drain holes...

welcome to the forum by the way....supposed to be quite quick those lotus tuned protons werent they?

grinded the inside of my airbox

whats all that about then

You finally done it then tim! Did mine the other week and seems to pick up alittle better, especialy at 2000rpm, just seems smoother.
Havent drilled the drain holes, forgot haha

welcome to the forum
i bought a pipercross panel filter as they are dry filters (not oiled) like some that will give you problems with your MAF
id say pipercross or a green panel filter for trouble free running but just my opion :thumbsup:
as already said the standard filter is fine so the choice is yours,you wont notice much if any difference to be honest

or ITG as an alternative, i think revo recomend them

Welcome

and

stick with your standard filetr for now

Think i might stick with the orginal filter then does a panel filter make the woooosh of dv any louder, how do i get the lovely chatter most common on jap turbo's. Also y is my passenger headlight slighty off colour (yellowish) ebay sugests h1 h4 and h7 which dosent help cause which is it also d2s bulbs wtf which bulbs do i need dnt want the blue look just bright as fuk

ta peeps :thumbsup:

I had a K&N induction kit on mine, made a "wastgate style" sound when it came off the throttle but the car runs 10 times better with the original airbox on.

As far as I know you can't get any kind of chatter sound out of the Audi as its a closed system ? Someone with more knowledge will be able to explain that.

You will get more of a woosh from the dv with a green cotton panel compared to the standard filter...which I like...

ok cool also is this coldside relocation kit actually worth it seems logical but wondering if anybody has noticed actual gains benefits
Whats everybodys views on gettin orginal s3 alloys powder coated white!!

With regards to your bulbs, which ever one is off colour needs replacing.. Probably best just to change both bulbs at the same time.

ok cool also is this coldside relocation kit actually worth it seems logical but wondering if anybody has noticed actual gains benefits
Whats everybodys views on gettin orginal s3 alloys powder coated white!!

no gains with the cold side coversion , just suppose to make the dv valve last longer between servicing it.

don`t know if white wheels would suit the S3 but each to their own.

As for the air filter stick with std and change every 10 k

Welcome!

My passenger light is a slightly different colour too but never mind!

I got a green panel filter along with remap. In standard form they aren't that quick depending what you are used to, remapped they are pretty quick.

I get some looks but nothing compared to my previous Black E46 M3 which i had since i was 25. People either thought i'd won the lottery or a drug dealer in that! I miss it, but i love the S3

went for a drive in my mates e46 m3....very nice i must say. just love the sound!!

My first car was a Gold A3 slammed on black wheels...Looked the dogs dangles but i was 17 and the police would pull me here and there most of the time.
Now im 18 and have the S3 its even worse. Ive been pulled over for no reason about 6-7 times within owning it since the start of the year! "Just cheaking your details/car over sir". Feel like saying what the Fu@# makes you think the car is dodgy! But id rather let them waste some time and look busy then have my trousers down at the station.

Also your bulbs that are D2S are gas bulbs. Its not recommended to touch them yourself as 30,000 volts travel though them i hear. Yes better to replace them both at the same time but there £100 each bulb :( 1 of the downsides of the bulb but there brilliant when they work :)