EM TuningBadger5
    Petrol Head

Status

Nurburgring - 27th May 2009!!

OK, im driving to Germany later this month with the gf to visit her relatives... as payment for this 'favour' i've demanded i spend a day at the 'ring', not sure if thats a good deal or not, but none the less im excited about thrashing the wagon around the legendary circuit!

So i was wondering if anyone was going to be around at the same time by some massive fluke?! Wednesday 27th May im planning on going...

No doubt a few of you S3 hero's have already been... what sort of times did you get? (probably no timing allowed i know but who can resist?!)

Cheers

Mark
    2001 S3 Facelift | BOSE Symphony | Cruise Control | Full leather Recaro's | Xenons | Forge chrome DV | BMC CDA cool air induction | Miltek cat back exhaust | Vagtech Stage 2 remap | EBC Ulitmax discs | Goodrich hoses | Koni adjustables | Eibach Pro Line lowering springs | Blue Haldex Quattro ECU | 18" RS4 alloys | Toyo T1-S tyres | R32 anit rolls bars | H&R rear wheel spacers |

2. # ADS
    ADS

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Ive not timed myself. Just enjoy it. Its fantastic.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I'm at the ring Friday 15th May to Monday 18th May. Dont worry about timing yourself or you'll push yourself too hard.

You'll spend most of your first lap looking in your mirrors for bikes and faster cars and shouting "holy sh*t" on every bend with a big grin on your face .

Just make sure you pluck up enough courage to get in the Karusel because its a right laugh.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Man I wish I could join you guys at the 'Ring...Must be really awesome. But there's just no way in HELL I could justify spending a week at "some motortrack" not alone thousands in trip/gas money/ferries/motels (live in Norway - long way to Germany)....the GF would leave .

Only option for me would be to convince her that a vacation in the south of europe somewhere would be nice (she sleeps most of the way, leaving me to drive ALL the way which is perfect) and then when were on the road I would "accidently" take a detour over the stelvio pass...Then I would time it nicely so that we arrive at Stelvio or some place perfect when it's evening and we'd obviously had to find a nice motel in the extremely nice surroundings right, she would love it in the alps - who wouldn't. Then REALLY early next morning I would sneek out (car is empty right, all the luggage is at the motel) and simply drive like I stole the car blasting away on the nicest route I can find. Then simply, after 4-5 hours, explain that I got lost in the mountains but I discovered the most perfect scenery that she really needs to see. Then I'd get to drive the route once more and enjoy the memories from that same morning...

You know maybe we should stay a day extra here honey...
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

6th Gear

Status
    Don't forget to check that the small print on your insurance doesn't exclude "derestricted toll roads" or such things.

You really don't want German plod throwing the book at you for driving without insurnace!!
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F