S3 half leather/ half Swede seats

Dansmith

Reaction score
Hello!! sorry I'm new to this!

Been looking at buying an S3 and went to test drive one yesterday! I was very impressed but one thing worried me a little!

The seats were the half leather half Swede and the Swede was bubbling quiet heavily in the centre! for a car with only 40 odd thousand miles on i was a little worried!

Was wondering if any of you guys had these seats in your cars and what you do to take care of them and if you can get rid of the bubbing!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Easy to get rid of the bubbling, take a disposable razor and shave the seats. Works like a charm.

Do i need to use shaving foam? :) also would a regular brushing stop the bubbling from happening?

From experience, the bobbling happens no matter what as you use the car. You can use stuff like suede/leather guard spray to seal it and stop stains but unless you are very careful getting in and out of the car and don't move about much while driving, the bobbling is always a factor with Alcantara!!

you could use a clothing bobble remover i would imagine.

Ahhh alacantra... Ive never seen vegetable and leather matched together in a seat before so i was confused =D