Badger5Volks Autos

Thread: I HATE MY CAR!

6th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow MartayMcFly On Twitter Visit MartayMcFly's Youtube Channel Visit MartayMcFly's Instagram Channel

I HATE MY CAR!

Just picked up the car after the replacement springs went on, and RSTTs, but now I'm hearing a fluttery, ticking sort of noise as the turbo kicks in (sounds like a bearing, or maybe a gasket leak... hard to tell). Looking through threads, I'm thinking downpipe though. I've only driven it once since it had the exhaust manifold replaced, too.

Do Audi do "approved" checks on cars they're not selling? I want to just find someone who can make a list of everything that's about to go/needs replaced so I can figure a price and just get everything sorted in one go.
    Hunt is over

1st Audi - 2001 Ming Blue 8L S3 210
    2nd Audi - 2008 Black 8P2 S3 3dr
    and now - 2007 Daytona Grey B7 RS4 saloon

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MartayMcFly View Post
    Do Audi do "approved" checks on cars they're not selling?
    They do something very similar. I'm sure they won't charge much....!

I bought my car from an audi dealership for peace of mind, but if I bought privately I'd probably have popped it into audi for a health check anyway. When you're spending on a car you love it's good to know that it's in top nick. And I am by no stretch of the imagination mechanically minded...

I used to live in Aberdeen btw, seems to be lots more s3's on the go up there now... or maybe I'm just noticing them more,,,

needs to scratch the itch

Status
    Just picked up the car after the replacement springs went on, and RSTTs, but now I'm hearing a fluttery, ticking sort of noise as the turbo kicks in (sounds like a bearing, or maybe a gasket leak... hard to tell). Looking through threads, I'm thinking downpipe though. I've only driven it once since it had the exhaust manifold replaced, too.

Do Audi do "approved" checks on cars they're not selling? I want to just find someone who can make a list of everything that's about to go/needs replaced so I can figure a price and just get everything sorted in one go.
    Could the fluttering maybe be a split dv? Or boost leak??

Phlat6

Status

Read the fairly recent thread "Engine chirping noises on start up". If your noises are similar, get ready for another possible spend!!

Good luck!