A brake disc question?

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi all can any1 tell me if the s3 brake disc are the same as the tt, i have looked both say 312x25mm,

As i have just got my black diamond grooved discs in the post, and just looked at the invoice it says "Audi TT front":think:When i ordered i selected Audi S3, are thay the same ? cheers OSKI

yes, same as the TT quattro (225bhp) and the 180bhp version also

yes, same as the TT quattro (225bhp) and the 180bhp version also

Thanks Abdus:beerchug:, after waiting a week for them beacuse they had none in stock, and opening them and reading audi TT, i thought it was going to be one of them weeks lol, thanks mate my mind is at rest now,

isn't 323mm for the Cupra R?

and 334 for the R32 and TT 3.2Q

I have one more question, im having my disc pads fitted this morning, i have got the fedro ds2500 pads, i have heard my car has "low pads sensors"?

because my new pads dont will this cause a fault code to come up? or is there a way around this?

Sorry for the questions, was going to get four rings to do them but my friend who is a mechanic said he will do them for a :beerchug: as he owes me a favour, so i took him up on it, but want to make sure i have everything i need, cheers oski

I have one more question, im having my disc pads fitted this morning, i have got the fedro ds2500 pads, i have heard my car has "low pads sensors"?

because my new pads dont will this cause a fault code to come up?

Yes, it will. If the circuit is left 'open circuit' you'll get a warning up on the dash panel.
No fault code as such, just a warning symbol on the dash.

or is there a way around this?

Indeed there is...

Remove the old pads from the car, and un-plug the wear sensor wiring from the fixed wiring by the strut.

Cut the wiring for the sensor plug off the old worn out pad, as close to the pad as you can.

Bare back both bits of wire that you have cut, and join them together - preferably by twisting over a length of 10mm or so, and then crimping if possible (if you don't have a cripmet & crimps, just tape them up afterwards).

Then re-plug the wiring you have just modified back into the socket part of the original wiring...this will make the circuit healthy and ensure the light stays off.

Thanks ESS Three:thumbsup:, that makes sense i will do that as i dont want them symbols poping up on my dash beeping away at me, thats again Oski