What are the benifits of Drive by wire?

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Also, structurally, is there a difference between the BAM engine and the AMK engine? pistons, block, pins etc.. am i right in thinking the injectors and heads are very simular?

The main difference is Electronic i believe but would the AMK engine stunt you from being able to get serious power?

Also can you convert DBW to cable? would you want to etc?

Thanks in advance

DBW is supposed to be more economical, more responsive and less maintenance...generally a better system to use...as for the BAM vs AMK, seem to hear different rumours so don't really know...

DBW is supposed to be more economical, more responsive and less maintenance...generally a better system to use...

No way is it more responsive than a cable connected direct from the throttle pedal to the throttle butterfly with instant response.Dont see how it can be more economical but stranger things have happened.Less maintenance,how much maintenance is on a throttle cable?
If it was a better system to use why do people buy sprint boosters?

http://www.sprint-booster.co.uk/what_is_sprint_booster.asp

Because the pedal is controlled by the engine management system through electrics and sensors as appose to cable the bet use is made for the amount of air comming in which gives better response and economy... I agree people use the sprint booster which helps response, this is what I was led to believe though...

Regarding DBW...I believe I have it on my AMK and I suspect it to cause this: coming off the gas when I change gears it keeps the engine revved. It takes forever (well not forever, but it's around 0.5-1 second) for the rev's to drop and it happens soooos slow. That really irritates me. Sounds as if I'm not lifting the foot from the gas pedal fast enough...like and old man :blink: When I blast it it's not a problem because the gearchange is faster and sound / speed are higher...

But driving normally it does take at bit for the rev's to drop...sometimes it even raises the rev's a couple of hundred RPM's before dropping. Not excactly what I want from a car. You have the same issue?

The sprint booster is not for me, I think, I don't want the ON/OFF gass pedal effect and are quite happy how I can control when I want boost.

lol sprint booster, another resistor in a black box, like all the maf and other +20bhp adverts on ebay. you cant make an electrical signal quicker than it is especially when an ecu is involved. :no:

lol sprint booster, another resistor in a black box, like all the maf and other +20bhp adverts on ebay. you cant make an electrical signal quicker than it is especially when an ecu is involved. :no:

Nothing like the +20 bhp ebay crap and neither does it make the electrical signal quicker,what it does as far as i can tell is alter the signal so the ecu thats involved opens the throttle plate faster and further than normal.Simples.