Noob just saying hi

ghost.s3

Reaction score
Hey guys, been trawling the forum for months "under the radar". And now, at long last, I've managed to find the one. Picking it up next week and I can barely contain my excitement. Picked it up for a really good price - but it needs a couple of small things done. It's a 2001 AMK Dolphin Grey (I think - can anyone explain the difference between dolphin and lava?) with 130 000km - don't feel like working miles out right now (South African - and I will also avoid making any rugby comments:p)

Anyway, just saying hi and thanks for all the help in the past. Many of you guys have unknowingy helped me make the decision.
Also - are there any other SAffers on here - I'm in Cape Town.

Cheers

Hi mate, good choice! get some pics up when it arrives.

8L's came in either Dolphin or Mineral Grey. I think Lava Grey is a standard colour for 8P's, and from what I can see looks a touch darker than dolphin.

Thanks guys - good to finally be an active member.

Will get some pics up as soon as it arrives - this week seems to be taking forever!

So what's the difference between mineral and dolphin? I can check the code in the spare wheel compartment or engine bay right?

Maz - yours seems sightly darker than mine is - although it may be the light - but is that the difference - is mineral darker than dolphin?

good to see ya ghost.... best of luck with the bestest colour type on the planet :eyebrows:

welcome ghost, all the help youll ever need is right on here, if it wasnt for this site id have been in the s**t a few times. yes theres some really helpfull guys and gals on here, sounds like a nice set of wheels, get some pics up when you get chance.

Will get some pics up as soon as I pick the car up - should be fetching it on wednesday.

Lol - oddly enough, always though noggy blue looked the fastest. Although my mind has changed recently.
Grey is definitely quicker. Just:whistle2:

Hey Ghost, Welcome.

I am from CT as well [talk RUGBY all day long mate!!!!!!] so good to see you on. Grey was my third choice when I was looking, so it is most obviously at least the third fastest colour!!!!!!!

:whistle2:

all this denial does not make a good world..... :moa:

ghost, i was torn between the noggy and the grey, the grey was harder to get hold of at the time which in my mind gave it the edge... still regret it tho and know if i had a noggy id be wishing i had this colour.... horses for courses