After trauling through this site... bit of adivise needed...

A3-sport

BOSE
Reaction score
... on key programming lol.

When I got my 1999 A3,it only came with one flip / remote key...

which doesnt work remote locking...

So all in all its pretty shocking lol.

Ive trauled throu this site looking of how to programme if you only have one key, but cant find anything.

Can anyone help me?

I think you may need vag commander and a lead, similar to vag com i believe.

S3MAD should be able to answer more in depth.

Ok 1st thing you need to realise is the locking side of the key has nothing to do with the immo side, the key has 2 features, remote locking has a completely seperate pcb inside the key & infact is one half of your key, 2nd is the top half which hidden inside is a small immo chip, this works via induction when the key is near the barrel so the car can read the chip with an electrical field to it, to start the car.

You need to do 2 things, 1st I assume car starts so immo is working fine, but stick a new battery inside it, the top & bottom come apart with a thin screwdriver in the little gap, then the bottom part will split into 2 & the battery resides in the lid part of the bottom of the key, then try remote which I doubt will work, so next thing is to find some nice local chap with VCDS to quickly code the remote functions of the key to the car, this should then sort your remote locking & alarm systems, you could actually just get a 2nd key from audi or key pro & then get it all coded at same time.

... on key programming lol.

When I got my 1999 A3,it only came with one flip / remote key...

which doesnt work remote locking...

So all in all its pretty shocking lol.

Ive trauled throu this site looking of how to programme if you only have one key, but cant find anything.

Can anyone help me?

You are not looking hard enough lol.

Programming CarKey Linky

Ok 1st thing you need to realise is the locking side of the key has nothing to do with the immo side, the key has 2 features, remote locking has a completely seperate pcb inside the key & infact is one half of your key, 2nd is the top half which hidden inside is a small immo chip, this works via induction when the key is near the barrel so the car can read the chip with an electrical field to it, to start the car.

You need to do 2 things, 1st I assume car starts so immo is working fine, but stick a new battery inside it, the top & bottom come apart with a thin screwdriver in the little gap, then the bottom part will split into 2 & the battery resides in the lid part of the bottom of the key, then try remote which I doubt will work, so next thing is to find some nice local chap with VCDS to quickly code the remote functions of the key to the car, this should then sort your remote locking & alarm systems, you could actually just get a 2nd key from audi or key pro & then get it all coded at same time.

Brilliant mate - thanks. Nice local chap... easy to find?

Thanks for the help... will get a new battery and key and give it a go.

Cheers mate.

You are not looking hard enough lol.

Programming CarKey Linky

Actually found that but didnt mention about single keys anywhere..? Only mentions with more than one key.

Check the sticky at top of 8L forum for vcds users prepared to help you in your area, I'm south east if its any help.

oh right cool thanks. Im Peterborough area... East Anglia / Cambridgeshire.