Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    A3-sport's Avatar
    BOSE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    197

    Thumbs down After trauling through this site... bit of adivise needed...

    ... on key programming lol.

    When I got my 1999 A3,it only came with one flip / remote key...

    which doesnt work remote locking...

    So all in all its pretty shocking lol.

    Ive trauled throu this site looking of how to programme if you only have one key, but cant find anything.


    Can anyone help me?
    FOR SALE: A3 (8P) Car Mats - Front pair & full set - BRAND NEW
    2004 onwards: for the 3-door, Sportback, quattro and cabriolet versions.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    wibble111's Avatar
    needs to scratch the itch

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    derbyshire
    Posts
    829
    I think you may need vag commander and a lead, similar to vag com i believe.

    S3MAD should be able to answer more in depth.

  4. #3
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,129
    Ok 1st thing you need to realise is the locking side of the key has nothing to do with the immo side, the key has 2 features, remote locking has a completely seperate pcb inside the key & infact is one half of your key, 2nd is the top half which hidden inside is a small immo chip, this works via induction when the key is near the barrel so the car can read the chip with an electrical field to it, to start the car.

    You need to do 2 things, 1st I assume car starts so immo is working fine, but stick a new battery inside it, the top & bottom come apart with a thin screwdriver in the little gap, then the bottom part will split into 2 & the battery resides in the lid part of the bottom of the key, then try remote which I doubt will work, so next thing is to find some nice local chap with VCDS to quickly code the remote functions of the key to the car, this should then sort your remote locking & alarm systems, you could actually just get a 2nd key from audi or key pro & then get it all coded at same time.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  5. #4
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,613
    Quote Originally Posted by A3-sport View Post
    ... on key programming lol.

    When I got my 1999 A3,it only came with one flip / remote key...

    which doesnt work remote locking...

    So all in all its pretty shocking lol.

    Ive trauled throu this site looking of how to programme if you only have one key, but cant find anything.


    Can anyone help me?
    You are not looking hard enough lol.

    Programming CarKey Linky



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  6. #5
    A3-sport's Avatar
    BOSE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Ok 1st thing you need to realise is the locking side of the key has nothing to do with the immo side, the key has 2 features, remote locking has a completely seperate pcb inside the key & infact is one half of your key, 2nd is the top half which hidden inside is a small immo chip, this works via induction when the key is near the barrel so the car can read the chip with an electrical field to it, to start the car.

    You need to do 2 things, 1st I assume car starts so immo is working fine, but stick a new battery inside it, the top & bottom come apart with a thin screwdriver in the little gap, then the bottom part will split into 2 & the battery resides in the lid part of the bottom of the key, then try remote which I doubt will work, so next thing is to find some nice local chap with VCDS to quickly code the remote functions of the key to the car, this should then sort your remote locking & alarm systems, you could actually just get a 2nd key from audi or key pro & then get it all coded at same time.
    Brilliant mate - thanks. Nice local chap... easy to find?

    Thanks for the help... will get a new battery and key and give it a go.

    Cheers mate.

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You are not looking hard enough lol.

    Programming CarKey Linky
    Actually found that but didnt mention about single keys anywhere..? Only mentions with more than one key.
    FOR SALE: A3 (8P) Car Mats - Front pair & full set - BRAND NEW
    2004 onwards: for the 3-door, Sportback, quattro and cabriolet versions.

  7. #6
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    27,129
    Check the sticky at top of 8L forum for vcds users prepared to help you in your area, I'm south east if its any help.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  8. #7
    A3-sport's Avatar
    BOSE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    197
    oh right cool thanks. Im Peterborough area... East Anglia / Cambridgeshire.
    FOR SALE: A3 (8P) Car Mats - Front pair & full set - BRAND NEW
    2004 onwards: for the 3-door, Sportback, quattro and cabriolet versions.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO