which cars share the same REAR calipers as the S3?

Effect

Reaction score
just got a quote for a new rear caliper from Audi and it was £125 +VAT so I want to try and source one 2nd hand but I think I may have a better chance of finding one off an alternative vehicle.

The drivers side hand brake lever is partially seized.

Thanks James

there is a difference between the 2wd and 4wd 256mm vented brakes, but I'm not sure if it's in the caliper or the carrier. I know when using the rears from a 4wd car on a 2wd car a spacer is needed to ensure the correct offset.

If it's just the carrier that's different though, you can get teh calipers from any 2002> 180bhp golf gti, seat leon cupra's, cupra R's, most TT's, octavia VRs, R32.

Anything based around the 8L platform that uses 256mm rears as standard.

No, the calipers are slightly bigger and wider on 4wd applications of the Golf4 platform, as 4wd models have vented rear disks compared to solid item for 2wd models, though I stand to be corrected on the latter.
With regards to which Calipers are same as S3, think Golf R32, Audi TT Quattro models, not too sure if V6 4Motion Golf/Bora's are vented rears, though they should be with 4wd and 204bhp.

i know for certain the calipers on the A3 are different...thats all i can say im afraid

Check here:

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/153276/1014271.aspx#1014271

• VW Golf R32 | Audi TT 3.2 Quattro
  • The Front brakes are 334mm x 32mm Vented 2-piece Discs, Twin piston calipers
  • The Rear brakes are 256mm x 22mm Vented Discs, 38mm Lucas singles

• Seat Leon Cupra R

The Front brakes are 323mm x 28mm Vented (grooved/drilled option) discs with 4 pot Brembo calipers
    The rear brakes are 256mm x 22mm Vented , with 38m Lucas single piston calipers

• Audi TT-Quattro (225hp) | VW Golf anniversary | Golf GTI AUQ | Skodá Octavia VRS | VW Golf V5 170 | VW Golf V6 4 Motion
  • The Front brakes are 312mm x 25mm Vented Discs, 54mm ATE single piston calipers
  • The Rear brakes are 256mm x 22mm Vented Discs, 38mm Lucas single Piston calipers