pad wear sensor?

rich-hill@hotmail.com

Reaction score
The other night i had my brake pad wear sensor light come on in the dash (this isn't in the hand book for some reason).

I thought the sensors were only on the front pads, but on inspection my front pads are fine, but my back ones are worn.

Do the rear pads have a sensor? If not, which side do i find the front sensor to check it is still all wired up correctly as i gues it may have un pugged itself

Cheers
Rich

only on the front near side ,check the conector for water in this weather

Rob

Just coincidence that the back pads are thin then.

Where am i looking? Just a cable coming out of the calliper?
Are they things which normally unplug or get wet as you have said, and can be sorted, or do they normally have to be replaced?

cable on the inner pad conected to a cable clipped to the strut disconect it and the light goes out , if you do this just remember to keep an eye on pad wear a new set should cure it if its just the pads , conectors can become water logged dry it out and use some electrical grease to stop it happening again

Rob

Either do what carpy25 says or put a shorting link in the wear indicator plug. Any piece of electrical wire will do. Just strip the wire back on each end, disconnect the plug and put each end of the wire in each pin location and refit the plug. Bear in mind this will prevent the warning coming on at all and you will have to keep an eye on brake wear yourself. Believe it or not the dealers did this to my last car when they fitted new pads.....never realised until I changed the pads a couple of years later and found the shorting link in the plug.