Mount the rear Porsche S calipers on Audi A3

Spawn

Reaction score
Hi there ,

I need to know if i can mount this calipers on Audi A3 1.9 96kw with the 312/25 rotors from audi S3 .

Cheers

Nuno Silva :hi:

it's possible to get it to work with machined ibiza cupra R carriers yes, although after a fair few calculations, a few of us decided that the hydraulic ratio between the caliper and master cylinder would be all wrong, and you'd end up with a very hard pedal and not enough power.

Sad really, as getting them to fit is really pretty easy!

it's possible to get it to work with machined ibiza cupra R carriers yes, although after a fair few calculations, a few of us decided that the hydraulic ratio between the caliper and master cylinder would be all wrong, and you'd end up with a very hard pedal and not enough power.

Sad really, as getting them to fit is really pretty easy!

And if i cahnge the master cylinder ? Where i can find the the Carriers ?

Cheers

if you change the master cylinder for a smaller one, then the rears will be mis matched, and you'll end up with a longer pedal, as the smaller cylinder won't displace enough fluid.

Carriers can be bought from Seat dealers for about £38 I seem to recall.

The problem with the setup was, initially, it looked as if the piston area of the 4 porsche pistons was very slightly larger than the single 54mm piston in the audi caliper, which would give slightly more power.

This all sounded well and good until we realised that being a single sliding caliper, the force from the single piston is matched by an equal and opposite force from the fixed side of the caliper. meaning in theory, you'd get about half the power.

I thinks the carriers it's the same of brackets correct ?

Today i go to seat dealers and here in Portugal they don't have the brackets and they don't know what the reference of the piece.

Cheers

The carrier is the mounting bracket between the hub and the caliper.

The brembo's on the ibiza cupra R and the porsche calipers are radially mounted, with a bracket that fits onto the hub, then the caliper bolts onto this at 90 degrees to the hub mounting bolts.

the ibiza cupra R carriers will work, but I believe they need machining down in 1 plane.

I don't remember which way though, as it was a few years ago I had and sold my porsche brakes.

I personally still don't think it'll work. I think you're wasting your money.