Can you use iPod controls with Connects2 iPod connector

WildBruce

Third Gear
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was going to buy this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400033762803&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
The add says "At the same time the display and controls of the iPod still work as normal" but when I asked the guy, he was not to sure.

I don't really use play lists, so want to be able to change the track and album using the iPod, rather than having to rely on play lists, and do not want to get the one with the 3.5 mm jack as it will not power the iPod [although it would be easy enough to charge every couple of days]

Just wondering if anyone knew, as I know some people use this.

Thanks

Couldn't tell you about more recent ones or ones that fit to VAG headunits, the one I have for my old Sony wouldn't let me use the iPod controls but the Dension I had for my Symphony II would.

The Connects 2 should allow you to change track using the controls on the headunit (safer than using the iPod controls) and mine allowed me to change through albums, artists and playlists.

I have an Alpine X001 now and its better than the Dension and Connects 2 in how it controls the iPod but its still not as easy or as fast as the iPod interface.

I normally start playing what I want before hooking it up then move between the tracks when connected, I have playlists for my most commonly listened too music or just bung it on shuffle.

I don't think any of them are perfect but having owned a Connects 2 on the Sony, Dension Gateway 100 on the Symphony II and Alpine X001, the Alpine is the best followed by the Sony/Connects 2 and then the SYmphony II/Dension. The Dension would be better on an MP3 capable head unit IMO.

<tuffty/>

Thanks, I have the concert HU, and I had the option to get the Connects2 that use the headphone jack, so may just do that, as I do not exactly do long road trips where I would use all of my battery? Still a little un-decided, hopefully some one here has bought a new one and will be able to tell me :search: