its sunday......time to clean her!

smudgy57

Reaction score
weather permiting my s3 is getting a good going over. now when it comes to car engines im no MECHANIC! i know whats what roughly in an engine, but given the right advice i can turn my hand to many things. I've been working at mclaren's head office in woking at the moment (sorry had to get that one in) and doing a few miles each day. is there anything that can be done to the engine to clean it up a bit. spark plugs, air filters etc. you know what its like when your car has its first service she seems to drive so much better, but does'nt seem to last that long. the only thing i have ever done in the engine so far is check the oil, and screen wash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif. any advice would be appreciated. thanx. ps. by the way mclarens office is un-******-real. seen the slr being built at most stages, and also the formular 1 section is pretty cool, saw this gtr le mans mclaren f1 on friday. sound like a spitfire.

yes u r, as long as your not to obvious. i took some on my phone but came out crap, also i cany get them on to my pc. i will take my digital cam in there next week. its only a crappy one but it gives u an idea..the slr is awsome, still not as nice as the new porche gt though, or as fast as the merc e65

did you see that merc cl on topgear tonight. twin turbo v12 6.5litre. they showed you it overtaking and it was rapid as ****! I've seen the slr at the motorshow and whilst it is magnificent, it is a bit ugly! would like to see some pics of it being made!!

found one pic i took last week, boring one, just looking across the main lobby. down the left hand side is where they make the slr, and a bit beyond that is where the formular 1's are.told you camera was crappy. try and get better ones durig the week

that is a really good camera for a mobile camera!! tis interesting how they make it on what looks like a marble floor or is that just the foyer to the assembly part? What a quality place to work!!

no no, that was taken with my actual digital cam. yes that is the main foyer. all the glass partitions going down the left hand side is where they build the cars. there's no expence spared you could eat your dinner of the floor lol, beleive me these boys dont do things by half! there must be thousands of pounds worth of tools alone, big tool chest's all made by "Snap on" which i think is one of the most expencive tools there is. i did'nt like the slr at first but now i have seen 1 or 2 they are growing on me. ive added a pic i took with my phone now that is not good quality, i sent it to my e-mail address to get it on p.c. it of the mclaren f1 gtr, which i was told was just sold to an arab. dont know how this will come out but will try anyway. not many pixels on camera phone (sharp gx10 i). try and get some more during week if i dont get caught, your not a spy for williams are you haha