grill and boot badges

peakey

Reaction score
How do they come of is it just glue

Im thinking ov putting the new s3 badges on as mine are now looking pink and very faded

Is it just a swap or like everything else not that easy to do.

cheers

How do they come of is it just glue

Im thinking ov putting the new s3 badges on as mine are now looking pink and very faded

Is it just a swap or like everything else not that easy to do.

cheers

Its easy to do. There stuck on, so what i did when i took mine off was get a cloth and a screwdriver, Put the cloth over the screwdriver (make sure its doubled over so it wont scratch it!) and lever it off by twisting the screwdriver left or right. Then i used some Tcut and got all the sticky stuff off the tailgate. :yum:

Hey Rich, if you do plan on doing this can you do some before and after pics please...will be good to see the difference :)

Cheers
Nilz

yes mate no probs il be getting some pics up soon as iv spend over 100 quid on detailing stuff to try out. Oh anyone know where i can get the new badges from apart from ebay

ta

Its easy to do. There stuck on, so what i did when i took mine off was get a cloth and a screwdriver, Put the cloth over the screwdriver (make sure its doubled over so it wont scratch it!) and lever it off by twisting the screwdriver left or right. Then i used some Tcut and got all the sticky stuff off the tailgate. :yum:

When I debadged the back of my S3, I used a kettle of boiling water and poured it over the bagdes, which softerned the glue. Then I used a credit card to slowly prise the badges off.

With the glue being warm it had more movement.. Some people use heat gun's or hair dryers..

I did mine last weekend, pour hot water over it, use fishing wire to cut the badge off the car and then just peel off the residue. I used some autoglym resin remover i had knocking about too. Bit of a polish and you'd never know it was there! Looks awesome too!

I'll put a pic up when I get back from work

I did mine last weekend, pour hot water over it, use fishing wire to cut the badge off the car and then just peel off the residue. I used some autoglym resin remover i had knocking about too. Bit of a polish and you'd never know it was there! Looks awesome too!

I'll put a pic up when I get back from work

Good man. And as for the Badge's peakey you can find them here.....

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/section.php?xSec=380&xPage=1

Adam.

Whats the difference between the badges??

true i have took it off and it looks better without one on tbh

Sorry Nilz i forgot about a picture but was very easy hairdryer for a few secs then a little pull and away it comes :):)

you need to open the spring clips and push the off from the front
Photo0295.jpg

Photo0296.jpg

I did mine recently and all i used was a small flat head screw driver and long nosed pliers to lift the clip from the front and slide the old one out and the new one in :):blackrs4:

Quick question, will a pre-facelift badge clip fit a facelift badge? Thanks

Lol, doesnt matter now just bought some off voorhees :)

Heres my freshly debadged rear!

61d1a0a0c869f72924a9a62cb32934a74g.jpg

In the process of dechroming my front grill surround, should look awesome!

Heres my freshly debadged rear!

61d1a0a0c869f72924a9a62cb32934a74g.jpg

In the process of dechroming my front grill surround, should look awesome!

have you thought about taking the four rings off ? it'll look even better