Drivers Attitude

bampy

Reaction score
I have had my S3 for two months now, over the moon with the speed, power and quality. The only thing that is spoiling my experience are other drivers. Young guys in modded cars are great. They let me out and let me in at junctions they really like the car.

My main problems are with older drivers and they are p*ssing me off badly. Here are two examples:

Driving to my Gran's one Sunday morning along the outside lane of a dual carriageway, speed limit of 40 mph doing about 45 mph, in a long line of traffic. Approaching a junction where you have to be in the outside lane to turn right. A guy, about sixty years old in a Fiesta, passes me on the inside and almost side swipes me trying to change into the outside lane to turn right. When he can't do it he brakes until he is back along side me winds down his window and starts effing and blinding. I am a qualified driving instructor, when I pointed out his less than polite driving manner he proceded to call me a pr*ck and threatened to f*cking kill me. At this point I could not stop laughing and drove off with rest of the traffic. I didn't bother arguing with him.

The other example was during a drive to my local B & Q, I came off a dual carriageway on to a two lane slip road, the inside lane was backed up with traffic, so I used the outside lane to get to the roundabout. As I was approaching the roundabout a guy in an Astra estate pulled out without signalling or warning. I had to really hard brake to avoid him. I followed him onto the next part of the dual carriageway and he was doing 30 mph in a 60 limit alongside an old dear in a Fiesta. My junction was about 1/2 a mile away so I dropped in behind the Fiesta, He gave me the w*anker sign, accelerated and pulled infront of the Fiesta, then turned off at the same junction. It was a dual carriageway so I drove passed him, he was still giving me the sign.

I was not and do not drive aggressively as I need my license to work. Why do these people have this attitude. I am seriously considering getting rid of the car if this carries on.

Anyone else experienced this, and if so how do you ignore it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

you're living in wales?? hahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

envy and jealousy is rife my friend!!!

to be honest with u mate it's not the car its just a general population of ttosssers on the road who think they are realy good drivers when they have not got a clue how to use a road. e.g. hogging the outside lane on a motorway. fact: if you are being overtaken on the inside(left) on a motorway then u r in the wrong, if there is a space on the left then u should be in it!. if your s3 is your pride and joy then dont get rid of it due to a twaat or two on the road.

amen brother! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif ahaha

hy would you sell your car because some drivers are tw4ts???

Well where i come from we dont ignore it. We get out of the car and beat the [censored] out of the people who think they are smartasses...works like a charm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you'll get used to it. And youll learn to laugh at peoples jealousy.

Driving lessons, now that's worth thinking about. I would get all the customers I could handle, but could they afford cost of the lesson to cover the insurance?

Rallydaz, it was not a motorway, but a dual carriageway out of town. Traffic was pretty much backed up in both lanes. The guy thought he could undertake to make up a few places and take a few liberties.

Harris, used your method once. The other driver wanted to sort it out so I did and he went to the police. I got in deep DoDo, and the wife was not impressed. Got to be sensible, in my job it's too easy to lose your license.

As MingBluS3 said, it's probably jealousy, but it really does wind me up.

[ QUOTE ]
rallydaz said:
e.g. hogging the outside lane on a motorway. fact: if you are being overtaken on the inside(left) on a motorway then u r in the wrong, if there is a space on the left then u should be in it!.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hate it when i'm in the queue on the outside Lane cus someone in front is slower, and someone undertakes me and cuts in infront of me. Thats not me in the wrong is it?

[ QUOTE ]
revdup said:
its coz its Y'LO thats y m8...

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know - I can imagine this is right! people get jealous of cars that ain't 'run of the mill' sad b@stards! don't give up ya pride and joy coz of some other fecka - it's YOUR life, live it how YOU want! what ya gonna do? conform to how others want you to do sh!t? in that case why ain't you working in a career where ur just a robot, doing what the system wants? With your job being a driving instructor, just let ti go, don't worry about it, let them get on - they certainly won't be worrying about you, so why should you worry about em? if anything you can always blast away from them quickly - i like doing that! (not breaking the speed limit - just getting there quickly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) let the traffic build up behind them and blast away - they can't keep up and everyone thinks what a w*nka! lol

keep ya car dude - it's cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm glad it's not just me, there seems to be sooo many to**ers on the road now who are just plain dangerous. On the way to work this morning, one knob thought it would be clever to drive past the 1/2 mile of stationary traffic on the inside lane, then stop in the middle lane (where everyone else is still moving at 50mph) and push in. To show his real skills, he then proceded to go all around the roundabout in the left lane, cutting everyone up. Pri*k

Just to high-jack the thread a little, just out of interest, what are the top three things do other drivers do that really annoy you. For a start off, here's mine:

1) Tailgating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
2) Fog Lights when it's not foggy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
3) Middle lane hogs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Mine's

1) Tailgating
2) Ragging the b00locks off their car and nearly killing you when you know yous is faster if you wanted to
3) National speed limit roads single lanes where you want to get there at 60mph but you end up stuck behind the local nipping to the shop at 25mph!!!

hmmm good question

1.Middle lane hogs
2 Middle lane hogs
3.Middle lane hogs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I use two motorways to and from work, and I always end up either at work or home with the right hump, always caused by those who just sit in the middle lane. Why do they do this? Is it cos they don't know the 'rules' of the motorway? Lazyness? Stupidness? Can't turn a Wheelness? Any thoughts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Same here! I was indeed convinced that driving instruction in England made it compulsory to drive on the middle lane on a motorway. I even asked a work collegue not so long ago

Top 3 for me is:
1/ Middle and right lane hogs
2/ Tw*ts that dont veer over to the left on a narrow road and you have to choose between your right mirror or scratches on your car's left side
3/ Boy racers (most of them with clios or saxos) that put their foot down whatever the road they're on

Dude! It's not the car, it's just plain ole ignorance of the modern day joe public...

I used to get grief in my S3 from your boy racers, etc, wanting to give it some, but since I had it modified and have nice little 'oettinger' badges nicely placed to make a statement should they be thinking about it... I now have relative peace on the roads...

Wizard

boy racers!!!!!! there i was drivin home one day when i caught up to 3 boy racers in convoy behind a lorry. they didnt seem to be overtakin so i thought ok i will. got past the first one and the second one just swerved across the road to block me! so had to pull in behind him as there was now a car coming and the one at the back that i had overtaken was right up my arS3 swearing at me. so off i went again and the one at the front in his clio sport did the same thing! by this point im a little [censored]#d off.got past him and he just followed me. not wanting to go too fast as i like my license it took a few roundabouts to lose him! bit long winded i no but they really [censored]#d me off!

cheers tony

that is well bad s3tony. I like the way you wrote ars3 !!
That is why they are 2nd in my list of hates! I'm young but I don't drive like a loonatic with a dtm spoiler and stuck on bonnet vents and blue washer lights (what are they about!!). I wonder whether these people will look back and think if I didn't waste my money on those crappy mods then i could have bought a decent car by now!!

cheers ajmackie, i know wat u mean about the mods! you cant forget the biggest exhaust in the world hanging out the back ready to be ripped off by the next pothole! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
just checking can i write p1sS3d off this way without the censor? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers tony

1) Drivers who sit in the LHL because they are turning left at some point in the future!!!
2) Middle lane hogs / Center Lane Owners Club (CLOCs)
3) Drivers who use both lanes around a roundabout.

[ QUOTE ]
Black S3 said:
1) Drivers who sit in the LHL because they are turning left at some point in the future!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't the highway code tell you to drive in the left hand lane tho?

doh.....talking on the phone and typing isn't one of my best skills.

Should have read;

1) Drivers who sit in the RHL because they are turning right at some point in the future!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drivers who fail to use any mirror whatsover for the whole stretch of motorway they are using. Even when you flash they are oblivious to the Xenons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

People who are turning right two miles away move into the right hand lane and potter along doing just over 60 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Essex is road rage to the extreme.

drivers who stop on a main road to let somebody out of a junction, when there's no build up of traffic - I mean stoppping a 30 - 40 mph flow!!!!!!!!!!ABS!!!!!

Drivers who think that because they are indicating, they can pull out in front of you. Right, so I have to brake hard to avoid hitting you but you can't brake gently so I can go past, leaving you space to pull out behind me??

Aargh!! Twice in 24 hours, white van man and BMW driver. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif