ARBS - Recommnedations

audi18tdan

Reaction score
Looking at replacing front and rear ARB's as been lowered and front arb is knocking on driveshaft and wanted peoples opinions on which set to go for considering this issue?

- Eibach
- H+R
- Neuspeed
etc

p.s. do the aftermarket arb's go underneath driveshaft or is just an option?

Dan, mate, we've been through this old chap.

Eibachs are the ONLY way to go....

H&R have clearly made a massive cockup and offer a 26mm front bar witha 22mm rear bar, these don't corner NEARLY as well as the eibachs with a larger rear bar. it stops body roll, but keeps the ****** understeering nature.

Again, the KW's Tom suggested are a bit big on the front at 25mm, it's just not needed.

Basicly, you need a larger bar on the back, i believe neuspeed do a 28mm rear bar, but that's pretty hard core.

Eibachs are the most tried and tested out there, and by far the best too.

If you need convincing, feel free to come down for a ride some time soon, and you can take my car out for a drive :)

My mistake, I have the 23mm up front and the 25mm on the back :shutup2:.

Spot on in my opinion (with a Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit).

Turn in is spot on and it stays really planted through the twisty bits. Total transformation over the stock set up.

It's the Whiteline ones that go under the driveshaft and for solving the rubbing problem completely, these can sometimes be the best option.

The KW and Eibach bars are very similar with the Eibach being slightly lighter. The H&R's are the best quality out of them all but the size of them isn't ideal.

Where abouts on the driveshaft is it rubbing, the top or the side?

Hope this helps.

Damian @ DPM

Yeah i know but forgot everything we spoke about so wanted convincing again before spending out on Monday.

Btw, may be up for heading down this Sunday, you free?

Dan, mate, we've been through this old chap.

Eibachs are the ONLY way to go....

H&R have clearly made a massive cockup and offer a 26mm front bar witha 22mm rear bar, these don't corner NEARLY as well as the eibachs with a larger rear bar. it stops body roll, but keeps the ****** understeering nature.

Again, the KW's Tom suggested are a bit big on the front at 25mm, it's just not needed.

Basicly, you need a larger bar on the back, i believe neuspeed do a 28mm rear bar, but that's pretty hard core.

Eibachs are the most tried and tested out there, and by far the best too.

If you need convincing, feel free to come down for a ride some time soon, and you can take my car out for a drive :)

Just been looking at Eibach but on all sites i just see a kit but no sign of choice on front and rear bar sizing.

Are the Eibach a set size for the A3 18T 8L and if so what size?

Yeah i know but forgot everything we spoke about so wanted convincing again before spending out on Monday.

Btw, may be up for heading down this Sunday, you free?